Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Encryption critical bug and other issues

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 09:40 PM)
Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

Greetings Everyone,

So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...

1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.

2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?

3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here :smiling-face:

As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉

Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.

Cheers!

E.

54 REPLIES 54
cmckenna2255
First Poster
Options

how can bugs like this be reported to samsung?  i don't want to return the watch, i would assume this should get fixed sooner than later if they are aware of it - its pretty important.

0 Likes
Ebrahim12
First Poster
Options

Every time I've tried to set up email on my new Samsung Active 2, the encryption PIN I put in is incorrect despite just setting it, requiring a hard restart and clearing my watch back to factory setting.   I've tried it today, to give Samsung a chance to fix it, but it still is a problem and had to factory reset again.

SAMSUNG PLEASE CAN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THIS IS A PROBLEM AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

I'm in 2 minds whether to return the watch now as I've given the benefit of the doubt and I cannot see you have taken any steps to make this right. Please do something ASAP

Jphysics
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Just tried it today. 

I also have a fossil gen 5, and was planning on returning whichever watch I liked less. Unfortunately, this encryption issue kills the active 2 for me. 

Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

Any updates on this case? This is really a trivial bug to fix as everything works fine on other Samsung watches. Or is it a screw up on an isolated secure part of the board?

0 Likes
meglos
Apprentice
Options

I see there's a new update today. Can someone test it to see if it fixes the encryption bug?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@meglos wrote:

I see there's a new update today. Can someone test it to see if it fixes the encryption bug?

What update - for the watch or the app?   

0 Likes
meglos
Apprentice
Options

@blenky wrote:

@meglos wrote:

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R820/*****/doc.html

See that. There's a new update out there for the watch. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@meglos wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@meglos wrote:

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R820/*****/doc.html

See that. There's a new update out there for the watch. 

Link doesn't work

0 Likes
meglos
Apprentice
Options
meglos
Apprentice
Options

If you have the watch, update the software manually

0 Likes