So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...
1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.
2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?
3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here
As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉
Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.
Can anyone experiencing the encryption issue please send error reports to our software team as soon as they're able after the error occurs? Hopefully, that should get some movement on this one for you guys.
Make sure reporting diagnostics are on first: Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics > [Toggle On]
And when the error occurs: Galaxy Wearable app > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error reports > Input sympoms > SEND
Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.
(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports.)
Will do later today evening.
Nevertheless please note that there is no visible "error" related to encryption. The watch simply reboots after encryption and does not accept PIN code that was set before.
As I assumed that I made a typo in pin, I tried it 3 times - 2x with pin 1x with password, still the same behavior).
PIN is requested already after reboot so the watch cannot be used at all and factory reset seems to be the only option.
Hi, in my case encryption and pin is enforced by admin policy via company mobile device management. Phone is encrypted with mandatory pin/password 8+ chars. The same is enforced on watch => btw I see encryption as second item in settings / security on my watch.
I tried many different options and all failed only solution I managed to fix by using Outlook application... I know outlook is pain but at least I get notification and have the watch working . .
Finally managed to make it work. I have this issue with my galaxy S9+. One colleague with S10 does not even have the encryption option available (same company policy). I think the option that makes the difference is that email is enforcing "require pin on restart". Due to this, the phone is getting encrypted and I see the encryption message when restarting. On S10 this is different (https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-decrypt-my-phone-with-encrypted-security-...). Actually the behavior is similar now on the wath as on the phone. On restart I see the rolling circle and encryption message.
Now to make it work, I have done the following actions (not sure all are required):
1. Removed mail account
2. Reinstalled Intunes (company portal app)
3. Removed 'require pin on restart' and reeboted the phone
4. Added the mail account
5. Paired the watch and ignored encryption
6. Enabled on watch wifi, location and nfc
7. Charged until 80 percent and made sure to not move it from charger after starting the process.
This time the pin was recognized and encryption was successful. Hope this will work for you as well.
It would be interesting to know from people having s10 if, after enabling "strong protection" if they can also see on the watch the encryption option.
The developers reckon an update has gone out to resolve this - it requires your phone to be updated to the latest software. If the issue is still happening for anyone, can you let us know in this thread and send log files via Members (if possible)?