So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...
1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.
2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?
3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here
As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉
Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.
If you have the watch, update the software manually
Your link still does not work. Why do you have asterisks in the URL?
Yes I do have the watch. I got it on day one and have received one update on 21st October. When I check its says its up to date
My version - R820XXU1BSJ6/R820OXA1BSJ6
I encountered the same problem when encypting my e-mail and I am now locked out of my phone.
Samsung support didn't really help me at all and didn't acknowledge that this is an exsisting problem with the model...
Anyways, you are all saying that you do a factory reset on the watch, my question is how? -I'm trying to do it through the Wearbles app but it says that it failed connecting to the watch (even though it is connected via bluetooth).
Do anyone of you got any tips or have experienced the same problem?
If you need to factory reset your watch you can follow the instructions here:
"You want to reset your watch, but you forget your screen lock PIN. In that case, you can perform a hard reset to restore your watch to factory settings.
First, turn off your watch. Press and hold the Home key until rebooting displays at the bottom of the Watch face. Quickly, keep pressing the Home key multiple times until Recovery is selected, and then press and hold the Home key. Keep holding the Home key until rebooting displays at the bottom of the Watch face."
I'll post it again. You would expect Samsung to take their customers serious...
I'm sad that something so basic is not being adressed, especially since after the (new) update this error still exists according to people who tried it again. No email for me on this watch it seems, even after waiting for 2 updates now.
Other things that are simply missing are:
- Good Google maps integration (not those standalone apps)
- NFC payment feature (I don't mind Samsung pay but would love Google Pay)
- Google Assistant integration (Not that hack that does not link correctly to your Google Account)
- Samsung Smart Hub integration (Come on guys, this is in your own eco system. The one with the standalone app does not valid it for me via the weird website activation)
- Chromecast support (when something is casting in your network, controls around what is being casted, not just if it plays on your mobile but true cast support)
- Good pilot app with navigation (Garmin Pilot or something, okay maybe this one is not so important)
It seems like Samsung is not able to compete on the software side of things. Too bad, the hardware is good.
No update on this from Samsung, not even an acknowledgement that this issue exist. Support is not helping at all and only pointing to this forum. Does Samsung always do this to loyal customers?
I was looking forward to the S11 line up, but I have big doubts now 😞 I am afraid that I might again have my expectations high, but things will not work 😞
Addressed encryption/pin bug to Samsung support explicitly asking them to forward it to firmware development team.
Reply: "We have forwarded your situation to the competent department and will contact you as soon as more information is available."
Any bets on when this will get fixed? ... next summer?