Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 - Could not add my Google account

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 05:00 PM)
Hamed4
Student
Options

I tried many times to add my Google account to my Galaxy Watch 5 which I got a few days ago. I kept getting the message "Couldn't Copy Your Google Accounts". I reset my watch and reinstalled the Wearable Galaxy app multiple times. The problem persisted. I followed some suggestions on the internet of removing the 2-step protection and removing my Google Account. No LUCK. This is extremely frustrating. I tried reaching out to SAMSUNG, but they never responded to my requests.

15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options

@Hamed4: Do you have more than one Google account registered to the mobile phone that you have your Galaxy Watch 5 connected to? If so, please try removing the accounts that you're not trying to add to the watch (so only one account remains registered on the phone), then try to add it to your watch once again. 

To remove an account, please head to Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Select the relevant account > Remove account. 

Let me know how you get on.

Hamed4
Student
Options

Thanks, AndrewL for your prompt response.

Yes, I tried that. I had another account and I removed it from my phone, but I am still getting the same error message.

Best, Hamed

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Are you able to continue the setup without adding the Google account? Have you tried already adding the account from Wearable app > Settings > Accounts and back > Google account?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have goodle wallet setup on your phone?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just installed google wallet to my watch GW5 Pro. Installed fine, opened on the watch and it directed me to Phone.

On the phone selected card and hit add and it did it

Only think it asks for is a pin lock
0 Likes
7Nic70
First Poster
Options

Hi! I had this problem for 3 days. I was almost in tears. Haha. I just got my watch and it would not connect with my phone on play store. I put in every password and it would not take it. I put in my password for my phone , 3 days ago and it did not take it. I decided to try it again and it worked!. I must have made a typing mistake before. 

You think you have to use your Google password to sign in, but really it is your phone password

Don't know if this will help you, but I thought I would try. Good luck!

Watcher55
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! I was desperate and this solved my problem.

Aasthasinghtomar
First Poster
Options

Hello , 

I am trying to add my Google account to the watch but when I select my Google account on add account selection in watch it asks me my password pattern and after entering the pattern the screen comes back to add account page. Not sure what is the issue. Can someone please help 

0 Likes
Aasthasinghtomar
First Poster
Options

Hello ,  I am trying to add my Google account to the watch but when I select my Google account on add account selection in watch it asks me my password pattern and after entering the pattern the screen comes back to add account page. Not sure what is the issue. Can someone please help 

0 Likes