Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 14-02-2023 12:30 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
depecid
First Poster
Options

I've had intermittent problems with Atmos since day 1 with my 2019 Q80 and Q70r sound bar. 

I can get Atmos using my media player no problems with HDMI straight to the sound bar. Using the native Netflix and Disney+ apps, no deal. 

I have an 8k rated HDMI cord, updated all firmware, have eARC enabled, blah blah blah and 95% of the time Netflix shows 5.1. Randomly if I'm watching Atmos content on Netflix and exit it, it suddenly shows Atmos in the info title screen... however only for the title I was currently watching. Scroll to others and it shows 5.1

Fix your issues.... i love Samsung products but i'm done with their TV's after this.

I set up a brand new 2022 Q80 and Q60 soundbar two days ago for my parents. It had Atmos on Netflix and Disney, but audio would drop out every 5 - 10 seconds. It sounded great when it was on... but unwatchable. We did everything we could and then returned the sound bar and upgraded to a Q80. Guess what? NO ATMOS ON DISNEY OR NETFLIX. Firmware updates, different cables, all the settings, still nothing! Seriously you guys are useless. 

0 Likes
Emresen
First Poster
Options

Any updates or workarounds to update the netflix app? Its still 2018 version built in my nu7100. I get atmos from prime, but not from netflix.

0 Likes
Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options

Wow thought this topic was done and dusted, I doubt you will get it on the tv you have purchased afraid, as there has been over 5 years now since that tv came out, if you have a modern games console just use netflix on that to get atmos 

0 Likes