Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no Dolby Atmos on samsung Netflix App???

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:04 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" same as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

632 REPLIES 632
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Leet2274 wrote:

i have Q9FN and HW N850 Atmos Soundbar

when using Netflix App on the TV, i went into Expert Audio Settings and it lets me select "dolby digital +" for audio ouput

the hw n850 sounbar supports Atmos

yet when on netlfix still only get crappy 5.1 sound

ive owned a sony xf9005 recently and their netflix app gives Dolby Atmos sound using "dolby digital +" , yes it is "lossy" dolby atmos but still sounds much better than DD 5.1

so my question is why are Samsung not updating their Netflix App to have Dolby Atmos. i have what is required here, dolby digital + selected on q9fn and atmos capable hw n850 soundbar. this is all thats required for "lossy Dolby Atmos" sams as you get on 2018 sony & LG tv's

come on samsung, please sort this out by updating to a atmos capable Netflix APP version. its all thats needed

its bad enough having no DTS after spending £2000 on your tv & sounbar, the very least you can do to keep customers a little bit happier is Fix this one

I think at the moment it is just LG and Microsoft who have the Atmos Netflix app. 

I have the C8 and Denon amp and it looks and sounds brilliant. 

Samsung no DTS or Atmos. 

Leet2274
Pioneer
Options
Atmos netflix app is on sony tvs too like the 2018 models xf9005, af8, af9, Zf9 and all this years new models

Theres a list on netflix website, xbox one is on there as well as some others

Theres only samsung not on the list yet
ASSLOP
Student
Options
No Atmos for new Apple TV app too. Come on Samsung sort this out. Flagship TV......... poor

As least give us a reply with the reasons why the most expensive Samsung TV lacks most sound support?
Loft85
Explorer
Options

Same problem here. I have a 2019 Q70R and a Hw-k950 dolby atmos soundbar, yet it won't play dolby atmos through the Netflix app on my TV, nor on Amazon prime. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Loft85 wrote:

Same problem here. I have a 2019 Q70R and a Hw-k950 dolby atmos soundbar, yet it won't play dolby atmos through the Netflix app on my TV, nor on Amazon prime. 

Think Panasonic also support Atmos, but Samsung are way behind even though they say they are a premium tv. Not DTS, both Atmos support, and a lot of people complaining about the panels. Then problems with recording. 

I got the lg and it is great because every thing just works. 

Paul

slicker55
Explorer
Options

Why doen't anyone from Samsung answer these questions?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@slicker55 wrote:

Why doen't anyone from Samsung answer these questions?

Think they decision us made at a far higher pay grade, and their silence says to me, keep quite so no one else will question 

slicker55
Explorer
Options

Yeah... probably not far out there!

My Pioneer 5.1.4 ATMOS setup is working properly with SkyQ and Oppo 4K blu-ray player

I can also get ATMOS using the Amazon Prime Apps on both the Samsung TV and FireTV 4K but no ATMOS when using the Netflix App either on the TV or FiresTV 4K

I have full UHD Netflix account and think the problem lies with the App's?

Maybe I need to get something to replace the FireTV 4K?

If so, what tried and tested devices have a Netflix App which will stream 4K UHD video + ATMOS audio

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

At the moment only lg and Microsoft, Xbox, or lg have the atmos app. My lg c65 works great. 

0 Likes