Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why does my tv suddenly default to SamSunTV Plus instead of the HDMI post (my computer) now???

(Topic created on: 09-09-2023 10:04 PM)
ReconScout
Apprentice
Options

I have a 7 Series 55 suddenly default to the SamsungTV plus when I turn it on, when I have always had my PC (HDMI port)?

I didn't change anything. I am not hitting the "source" button when I turn it on.

I know I can change it to my PC HDMI port, but I shouldn't have to do that every time now.

Thanks,

Don 

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
TB947367844578
First Poster
Options

I have no such option “Smart Features” option on my smart TV, or this feature have been disabled. I am suddenly forced to watch Samsung TV Plus when turning on my TV.  I can’t delete the Smart TV App, even by pressing and holding the center SELECT button.  Please stop stop stop this craziness.  

0 Likes
Sabfish
First Poster
Options

Mine was set to “default to Samsung plus. Deselected it and all was good. 

0 Likes
Michele255
Student
Options

I have a Samsung  8 Series SmartTV.  It does not have a General nor Smart Features option.  I have Home>Settings and then it goes into other options, but not General nor Smart Features.  I've looked all over for those options, but can't seem to find them.  This problem just started occurring a couple of weeks ago.  I would appreciate your help.  Thank you..

AndrewL
Options

@Michele255: The steps provided above were for a 7 Series model, so apologies for any confusion this may have caused. Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, and I will look into this further for you? Also, can you clarify which app is opening when you power on your TV? 

0 Likes
Michele255
Student
Options

Andrew:

Thank you so much for replying so quickly.  I finally realized that the Home>Settings icon that I should have clicked on was the one to the far left and bottom of my screen.  I was clicking on the Home>Settings icon within the Verizon FiOS area.  I did find the options that you provided in earlier Community responses and was able to do exactly as you recommended; it worked.  Thank you again.  

AndrewL
Options

@Michele255: That's brilliant news, and thank you for keeping me updated. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Doodledog94
First Poster
Options

My TV just started to do this.  A friggen software update no doubt.   Does not matter what I select for Autorun Smarthub, Autorun Last App, or Autorun Samsung TVplus.   I have tried all combinations and I am stuck with a Samsung TVplus.

This is so crappy of Samsung to force this and not allow the other menu selections to actually work.  

I am real close to this being my last Samsung TV ever.   *****…

0 Likes
bcar23
First Poster
Options

Thank You. Worked great

0 Likes
Kc35
First Poster
Options

The basic solution of toggling the aurtorun options does not work for everyone, as can be seen by the many continuing complaints. It did not work for me so I factory reset the tv. After that the Samsung tv service continued to start at startup but now the app for it, which I had previously removed, was showing  again on the Home Screen.  I went to remove it (up, up, remove) which produced a screen with not only remove but also the additional option “disable”. Disabling removed the app from the Home Screen and stopped it starting when the tv starts. I figure I had disabled this when I originally bought the tv and the latest update has confused things. Basically if you have previously disabled the app you need to either factory reset and disable again as I did today, or possibly simply re-add it to Home (go left to “sources”, up and add back) and then disable again. Hope this helps somebody.

0 Likes
na
First Poster
Options

None of these options work. I have tried every option, including deleting the app, but it still goes to Samsung TV when I turn the TV on. I use YouTube TV and since this crappy update, if I toggle over to the YouTube TV app before Samsung TV starts, YouTube TV app freezes. It doesn't happen with our Sony, so it's not an app issue. 

0 Likes