Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Why does my tv suddenly default to SamSunTV Plus instead of the HDMI post (my computer) now???

(Topic created on: 09-09-2023 10:04 PM)
ReconScout
Apprentice
Options

I have a 7 Series 55 suddenly default to the SamsungTV plus when I turn it on, when I have always had my PC (HDMI port)?

I didn't change anything. I am not hitting the "source" button when I turn it on.

I know I can change it to my PC HDMI port, but I shouldn't have to do that every time now.

Thanks,

Don 

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
ronnieandsandy
First Poster
Options

Home > Settings > General > Smart Features

we had 3 options:

• Autorun TV Plus
  • Autorun Last App
  • Autorun Smart Box

it's a radio button selection.

ours was set to Autorun TV Plus, which starts, as you might expect, with TV Plus

Autorun Last App is actually what we want and it, too, does what you'd expect.

Thanks for the setting, AndrewL!

pcarmo70
First Poster
Options

I tried this and it did not work on my tv

0 Likes
Arcct
Student
Options

Didn’t help.

0 Likes
Solution
ReconScout
Apprentice
Options

That solved it!
Thank you

fredw1
Apprentice
Options

I have toggled all of the Autorun selections, and no combination (all off, all on, and various mixes) has stopped my TV from starting with Hell's Kitchen. My next step will be to delete the Samsung TV app. 

angrysmcn
Apprentice
Options

THIS NEVER WORKS!!!!!! I’ve looked everywhere and I HATE turning on my tv and it’s blasting some random show. Please advise on how to change it so when my tv turns on it DOES NOT EVER go to some stupid channel list by Samsung. 

angrysmcn
Apprentice
Options

How did you turn it off? I’m literally never buying a Samsung again. My Roku was way better and way cheaper. 

0 Likes
angrysmcn
Apprentice
Options

Please provide alternate solution. This does not work and I’m ready to throw the whole tv out 

0 Likes
Brian Aikins
First Poster
Options

I have a 7 Series that has been defaulting to TV Plus for about 2 months.   Prior

to that, the TV would power on to the last used source (and that is my preference).   I have turned off the AutoRun settings and it doesn’t make any difference.    Are there  any updates they can be installed to fix this?

JP103
First Poster
Options

I've always been a fan of Samsung and never understood the ***** that gets thrown its way, but I do now. 

What a sneaky, underhanded move by Samsung.  How many millions of customers out there are forced to watch the Samsung Channel and have no clue how to change the setting they never enabled in the first place. 

I wish I could meet the low lifes who probably came up with this idea sitting around a table in a board room thinking they are so smart.  What a bunch of clowns. 

0 Likes