Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated QN85B to firmware version 1503.9 and now LOCAL DIMMING STOPPED WORKING!!! BACKLIGHT BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! PLEASE HELP!

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 04:19 PM)
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I have updated through USB stick my QN85B hoping to find the Philips Hue sync app in the app store but now the local dimming of my TV stopped working completely! the image is terrible! if this is not fix I will not buy a samsung product again! And i will inform others about it!! my tv is only one month old!!!!!!!!!!

Please Samsung find me a solution! TV.jpg

184 REPLIES 184
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Thank you all. I hope they will fix the local dimming problem as it is unbearable! It also appears on the Uk site now

oceanon3d
Explorer
Options

You have version 1503.9 installed, which is the one that causes problems... you must go to 1504. In my case, I installed version 1509.8 and it remains as it is since it does not cause problems. It depends on the motherboard you have in your device apparently

0 Likes
real_bluebean
Apprentice
Options

@oceanon3d wrote:

... In my case, I installed version 1509.8 and it remains as it is since it does not cause problems...

@oceanon3d means 1503.8 (to avoid misunderstandings)

0 Likes
oceanon3d
Explorer
Options

Yes; 1503.8 

0 Likes
oceanon3d
Explorer
Options

Did you download the update and did it fix the problem? It would be good to know to conclude this chat

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Unfortunately nothing changed! Local dimming is not working! The black levels are terrible!! No more samsung for me! Waste of money! Very disappointed 

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Yes i have downloaded 1504 update today. Nothing changed! 😕

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

IMG_5562.jpeg

 terrible!! 1504 fixed nothing!! PLEASE HELP! SAMSUNG is making me wait everyday without doing anything

0 Likes
oceanon3d
Explorer
Options

Reset the tv to factory... on the physical power button of the TV keep it pressed for a few seconds.

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Done that twice after the update. I even talked to samsung again today. They remotely connected to my tv. I am now waiting for a technician to visit but i still do not know when! Im waiting and waiting. New tv and has problems from the first update from the first month of usage! Terrible experience! It is very frustrating 

0 Likes