Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q70BAT brightness issues

(Topic created on: 14-06-2023 07:24 AM)
Cameronbarker01
First Poster
Options

Good morning,

I bought my TV a few months ago now and have had no issues with it at all. Yesterday when I turned it on in the morning the screen was incredibly dim, to the point where you can hardly see it. 

I have messed around with all the settings that exist and nothing changes it. I have factory reset the TV and that doesn’t help either. That led me to believe it is a hardware issue however when I booted the TV up in retail mode it was perfectly fine with the brightness where it should be. 

I have tried Samsung technical support and they couldn’t provide me with a solution, the only thing they could suggest was changing the brightness settings. 

i have started the process to get it replaced by the vendor however I wanted to see if anyone here has experienced or heard of this issue before. I cannot find anything similar at all when searching the internet. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options
0 Likes
LB666
First Poster
Options
Just applied update 1504 and it appears to have fixed the issue. No thanks to Samsung whose advice was just to wait
0 Likes
AlexVo
First Poster
Options

I do have absolutely same issue, but with QE75QN95B, I bought brand new TV and only watched youtube for 3 hours, then noticed that the brightness started to dim automatically on the light scenes, also refresh rate became low (or it is a very noticable flickering). After awhile the brightness became as lowest as possible. I tried all possible settings and recommendations from Samsung and community, factory reset, updated the firmware using usb to 1503 (was 1430 initially), but nothing helped. When I turn on TV it is bright enough, but after opening any video in any app like youtube, netflix etc - brightness is going down. The "flickering" (or very low refresh rate) is from the start.

For years I believed samsung and have a lot of devices from it, but now, I am not sure if it is the same company as was before.

0 Likes