Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem with Q70b

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 04:14 PM)
Theo1896
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone.I have a problem with my new 3 month tv q70b.

The brightness is down to 90% from usual,I have tried everything myself, I have spoken with Support,we have seen everything ,we made a factory reset and they have told me that this problem is caused from an update.

Is it possible ?

They told me to wait 1 day.

What is your opinion?

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

It seems that a new software update will be released that is expected to fix this issue.

More details here (in Dutch).

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/televisie/beeldscherm-donker/td-p/7633057

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Theo1896: Please can you try resetting your picture, and checking the following options.

1. Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset Picture

2. Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation > Off

3. Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness reduction > Off

4. Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Brightness, Contrast and Peak Brightness (adjust accordingly).

5. Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Intelligent Mode Settings > Intelligent Mode > Adaptive Picture > Off.

Let me know how you get on.

Theo1896
Apprentice
Options

First of all thank you Andrew for your immediate Support.

I have tried again after your 5 instructions,without any difference.

0 Likes
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

It seems that a new software update will be released that is expected to fix this issue.

More details here (in Dutch).

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/televisie/beeldscherm-donker/td-p/7633057

Theo1896
Apprentice
Options

We all hope now to be fixed really really soon.

Is like 1 day now without a proper image.

Thank you all

0 Likes
LB666
First Poster
Options
Just applied update 1504 and it appears to have fixed the issue. No thanks to Samsung whose advice was just to wait
0 Likes
Arroway1
First Poster
Options

Thanks!

I too waited for a reply from Samsung, they said so, just wait - did not get it.

I will try the new opdate, and se if it works.

0 Likes
Arroway1
First Poster
Options

It did solv the problem!!

0 Likes
AlexVo
First Poster
Options

I do have absolutely same issue, but with QE75QN95B, I bought brand new TV and only watched youtube for 3 hours, then noticed that the brightness started to dim automatically on the light scenes, also refresh rate became low (or it is a very noticable flickering). After awhile the brightness became as lowest as possible. I tried all possible settings and recommendations from Samsung and community, factory reset, updated the firmware using usb to 1503 (was 1430 initially), but nothing helped. When I turn on TV it is bright enough, but after opening any video in any app like youtube, netflix etc - brightness is going down. The "flickering" (or very low refresh rate) is from the power on.

I cannot update to firmware 1504 as my motherboard is T-PTMDEUC, for which 1504 version is not yet available. Does anybody know, if I should wait for an update that will fix this issue or it is related to motherboard hardware problem?

For years I believed Samsung and have a lot of devices from it, but now, I am not sure if it is the same company anymore.

0 Likes