Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ue43nu7020k - Screen Half Black/ Half White

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 04:10 PM)
D0ntBuySam5ung
Apprentice
Options

I've had a 43" Samsung Smart TV, model number In title, for a little over 2 years and after a few weeks over dark and light patches appearing along the bottom of the screen, the picture is now completely unwatchable. See pics below.

I wouldn't mind but the TV was bought brand new and I've really looked after it. I've gone through all the self-diagnostic process, reset to factory defaults, left unplugged to try hard resetting any settings that might be stuck and everything else and in between I can think of, but the issue persists.

Not really very impressed to be fair to say the least, especially considering the age and also the like new condition the TV is in.

How do I get this sorted out and is it a problem that others have experienced?

Thanks

20220623_092624.jpg

(MODERATOR NOTE: Just removed second picture, as it contained product information that was personal to you)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @D0ntBuySam5ung. That definitely looks like your TV will benefit from an inspection and repair. If you bought your TV in the UK, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Alternatively, if you purchased the TV outside the UK, you would just need to contact our colleagues from the appropriate region:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

It looks like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting, so you could also look at additional troubleshooting steps and the repair options here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

The last page lets you take the next steps on a self-service basis. I hope this helps. Please keep us updated. 

0 Likes
D0ntBuySam5ung
Apprentice
Options

Just spent half an hour on a chat with a customer support representative. What a waste of time.

No urgency to really help with no really practical advice other than the TV is out of warranty so that's just tough luck.

I wouldn't mind so much if the TV hadn't been looked after or was well past its 3rd birthday.

Really disappointed with Samsung at this point and would have appreciated a little more help and acknowledgement of the fact that in just over 2 years a like new £300 TV is now just throwaway junk  unless I want to now chase some local repair shop and try to resolve this at my expense.

I've got a similar tv that has lasted over  10 years at this point with no issues other than the fact that it lacks features of so called 'smart tvs' like this one.

Really poor customer service and about as far from happy at this point as I could possibly be. Awaiting a call from some case manager who will no doubt go through yet another check list of nonsense and get no closer to resolving this in the paying customers interest.

0 Likes
D0ntBuySam5ung
Apprentice
Options

So today  I've had a phone call with my local certified Samsung engineer.

Having been shown the pictures of the tv and being provided with a description of the fault  he arrived at the conclusion that the LED panel is dead. This model is not back-lit but edge lit so the fault is not as simple as replacing an inverter or pcb but rather the entire led panel. The estimated cost including parts, labour and VAT is around £300.

£300 is 100% the cost of the TV just over 2 years ago! The certified engineer also confirmed that the TV should last between 5 & 7 years. I have verified what he has said with a number of consumer websites which also suggest that 8years is the average life expectancy of a Samsung tv that has had high levels of use. 

This under the Sale of Goods act as I understand it means that complete failure after 2 years would indicate that the device was sold not fit for purpose or meeting quality levels and durability requirements.

Yet here we are with Samsung telling me that out of manufacturers warranty there is nothing they are prepared to do, other than waste my time in so called 'support' chat telling me they understand where I'm coming from. 

0 Likes