Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Sound stuck going up/down

(Topic created on: 25-06-2024 09:45 AM)
aaronhomes
Student
Options

Hello - when I turned on my tv this morning, the volume was stuck going up, when I press the volume down, it’s now stuck going down.

The red led on the tv is continuously blinking so I’m assuming it’s receiving inputs. I have tried the following:

- turned off tv (both power and from the wall)

- removed batteries from remote (problem still occurs)

- reset smart hub

- ran sound tests and no auto volume

Model Code: UE65AU9007KXXU

is there anything else I should try or has anyone else had this issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
aaronhomes
Student
Options

@AndrewL thank you for the response. I’ve found the solution, it ended up being my Apple TV remote causing the problem. I hard reset the remote and it works fine now!

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@aaronhomes: Just to be certain that the remote is not the source of the issue, try selecting an unused source, raise the volume to 100, press the Volume Down button on the remote, then quickly remove the batteries. Does the volume continue to go down? 

0 Likes
Solution
aaronhomes
Student
Options

@AndrewL thank you for the response. I’ve found the solution, it ended up being my Apple TV remote causing the problem. I hard reset the remote and it works fine now!

AndrewL
Options

@aaronhomes: I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved, and thank you for keeping the post updated. 

0 Likes
QN80BD- Remote
First Poster
Options

I have a 

QN80BD and the remote is so touchy I can’t even use it.  Any button it moves multiple spot! Frustrated 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@QN80BD- Remote : When pressing a button on the remote e.g. Volume Up, please check to see if the button is sticking at all, as this may produce the effect you're experiencing. As per the solution above, you may also wish to check for any other remotes in the vicinity of the TV that might be interfering with the signal.  

0 Likes
QN80BD- Remote
First Poster
Options

It’s all buttons.  Even when I’m scrolling channels.  Worst remote I have ever dealt with. 

0 Likes