Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help changing my Oled G8 monitor's region/country

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
DungNguyen
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I bought my Odyssey G8 Oled G85SB from China and I live in Vietnam. The monitor comes with China software which is not useable in Vietnam. I've been trying to change the region to Vietnam via "Reset smart hub" option and even the Local Set option in the Factory Menu/ Service Menu.

The only problem is that the only option in the Local Set list is China (CHI_DTV), there are no other countries/regions there. 

Please tell me if there's anything else I can do to change the region to Vietnam. Thank you!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Maybe in the engineering mode but there is a reason each model is region locked, you can try and swap but 99% sure it'll void warranty, and updates might be "iffy" going forward.
0 Likes
DungNguyen
First Poster
Options

Hello Gurky. I don't really care about warranty since I bought it from one country and I'm using it in another. Do you have any idea on how to access the engineering mode and possibly unlock other regions?

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
If you google it for TVs it's probably a very similar process
0 Likes
DungNguyen
First Poster
Options

Well I think you're talking about the service menu which I tried. But there's only one option for the region in there which is China. There's nothing else to choose from, unfortunately.

0 Likes