Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV overheating in bottom left corner with light bleeding

(Topic created on: 16-09-2023 04:33 PM)
Tomazzz22
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

Couple of days ago I notice a slight light bleeding in the bottom left corner of TV with a growing glowing from the bottom upwards (UE75AU9000KXXU). TV has only 1 year and 10 months of use and has never been over used. When I approached to touch the screen it burned my hand as it was extremely hot! I could see the LCD (I think) coming back to its normal pattern after my hand cooled down the spot I touched. We turned the TV off immediately and search for help. There was a clear fire hazard and after googling it I could see many other complaints just like mine with both new and semi used TVs, a clearly factory defect.

Also noticed that if we are watching to a high resolution video (like netflix in 4k), it gets REALLY hot very fast. If only seeing "light" content (lower resolution videos) it just warms up a little.

So, I have been trying to sort it with Samsung but they seemed to not care at all for customers and only said me to go after paying for a repair.

I wanted to see who would be liable if we didn't spot in time and a fire happened. Samsung is overlooking a very serious problem and I feel very bad for being a customer with so many appliances from them and being treated this way.

Have anyone else had this issue? Now, would I be able to repair that? Would Samsung review it's decision of negligence and repairing/collecting the TV?

Asking for help here as I feel out of resources to sort it!

Many thanks in advance,

Tomaz

20230912_173149.jpg

16945397857341485546213630392166.jpg

 #UE75AU9000KXXU

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

This isn't what we like to hear, @Tomazzz22! Could you send a private message to @Sam_UK , so we can look into this further for you please?

To send a private message, click on your profile in the top right hand corner and select 'Messages'. Then click on the blue 'dot' with a white box and pencil inside, and enter Sam_UK under 'Send to'.

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Tomazzz22. Further to what @ChrisM has advised, I just wanted to let you know that I edited your initial post to remove one of the pictures (as it showed your serial number, which is personal to you and best concealed from the public forum).

We look forward to receiving your PM.

Just in case you happen to be based outside the UK or Ireland, however, I recommend liaising with the Support Team from your region:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
Basherwalls
Student
Options

I have the exact same TV and this week my AU9000 had exactly the same issue. About a month ago I got a bright hot spot on the left side of the screen, put it down as light bleed but tv area was red hot to touch. Lived with it as it wasn’t too bad. Three days ago the right side had a huge light bleed - about 250mm at the bottom - red hot to touch that I nearly burnt my hand. Now the TV is useless, right hand side the whole right quarter of the screen is now not watchable, really dim.

Put in a warranty claim, even though I had only a one year warranty- this did concern me when I bought it direct from Samsung as I asked if I could buy a five year warranty and why this tv was only one year…

UK law do state that TV’s should have a reasonable life for appliances- you don’t expect a £700 plus TV to only last less than two years and then hardware fail.

Obviously a known fault or a faulty batch but not good enough. I had a phone call today from Samsung local authorised repairer - they won’t come and look at it because the repair is ‘out of warranty’ and I have to pay for them to come out.

i have rang Samsung again today and escalated the case, not good enough - Always bought Samsung - TV’s, Soundbar, Fridges, Washing machines and monitors, but feel let down by this potential fire risk TV.

pictures clearly show the tv has issues.

IMG_2814.jpeg

IMG_2799.jpeg

Playing Fifa when it had its light bar explosion - now the image is dark on the right side. Even lost the image until it cooled down.

0 Likes
Tomazzz22
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same issue. Samsung has been in touch with me after refusing to help in the chat here (Sam_UK). They insisted in sending an engineer over to have a look in the TV, but luckily I have bought it with Argos and they quickly understood it as a safety problem and offered a replacement. 

After refusing the engineer visit Samsung rang me asking for my permission to conduct a investigation in the TV with Argos. I granted my permission and hopefully it will help them to understand that was a manufacturing problem and sorting problems like ours hassle free from now on.

Insist with Samsung product liaison team cause they are the ones who called me offering help.

Hope that helps!

Tomaz

0 Likes
Basherwalls
Student
Options

It’s good to see you got sorted - was it swap for same model? Maybe at risk of same issue.

Unfortunately for me, I bought direct with Samsung online so I cannot get the same level of customer experience that Argos have offered you.

I am hoping that the Samsung customer liaison will at least arrange look at the TV as the fault is clearly hardware manufacturer issue and TV’s shouldn’t fail with less than two years of moderate use.

0 Likes
Tomazzz22
Journeyman
Options

This model was discontinued, so I had to go with another one. 
Samsung HAS to deal with that with responsibility. A overdriven LED can reach to very high temperatures and cause fire. I am glad they have turned back and asked for further investigation on my TV and hope they will give more attention to your case as well.

0 Likes
Basherwalls
Student
Options

Had a conversation with Samsung again today. They are sticking to the guns that it’s a paid out of warranty claim and suggested if I want to state reasonable life then I should speak to Samsung online store.

I did try and state, you are all Samsung so why can you not deal with this.

becoming disillusioned now and guessing a brick and mortar store next time who offer 5 year warranty. You would think dealing with manufacturers direct would give better experience as it’s direct.

obviously not.

0 Likes
ChrisB89
First Poster
Options

Same thing just happened to me. It was so hot I thought it was going to start a fire so I grabbed a fire extinguisher. Don’t think we’ll be able to use the tv any more, I’ve had it less than 2 years.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@ChrisB89 We take these matters very seriously at Samsung. Please drop a message to @Sam_UK then we can discuss this further there.