Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 11:51 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
pklocke
Student
Options

I eventually put in a wifi extender with an rj45 hardwire connection adjacent to the TV and that has eliminated any chance of wifi issues. But now... I have issues with even the TV turning on at all. I end up having to physically unplug the TV and plug it back in, to make it work. This is a $2000 piece of *****. LG or even TCL for me next time (probably when I get mad enough to throw a brick thru TV lol. 

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

But what do you do if Samsung has given you one of the new slim remotes with no numeric keypad? 

0 Likes
thesetvshatewifi
Apprentice
Options

I cannot believe it. It is about to be 2022 and I just bought a Q70A 65 inch "smart" tv. More like "*****" tv if you ask me. This POS will not stay connected to the ***** wifi every few moments it disconnects and reconnects to wifi. Its so ***** annoying. Samsung is supposed to be the better tv brand and this is horrendous. Never have internet issues with ANY devices, but this ***** TV! SOS what do I do?! Return the TV?

pklocke
Student
Options

I ultimately installed a Wi-Fi extender with a RJ45 hard wire connection coming out of it to plug directly into the TV. That's solved the problem, but this is not something you should be having to do. I should note that after I did this the TV started to fail to turn on at all, requiring me to unplug it from the wall and plug it back in to get it to work. Samsung quality has definitely suffered and they are not adequately testing their products.

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I’ve used the extender and 5 months later no issues so far

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

Get a wifi extender and connect rj45 cable from tv to extender

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

Try a different brand extender

0 Likes
thesetvshatewifi
Apprentice
Options

My wifi is dual band (I think) or 5ghz. What brand and kind of extender should I get? 5ghz extender? Can i use a usb powered bridge to ethernet?

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I used a cheap TP-link AC750 extender ($20) been working flawless ever since

0 Likes
thesetvshatewifi
Apprentice
Options

Which tv do you have?

0 Likes