Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV keeps losing soundbar and reverting to TV speakers

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 03:45 PM)
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

Hey. I have this TV -  QE85Q95TATXXU - out of warranty now of course..

I also have a Q900T soundbar.

The TV keeps reverting to TV speakers.. never used to do it. Can't say when it started doing this.

I've a ps5 in the game port. The soundbar in the eArc port. 

I've high grade high speed certified HDMI cables for both. 

When the TV turns on now it takes a few minutes to even see a soundbar, usualy only through WiFi. After some waiting it sometimes sees it through eArc. Sometimes. I power cycle until it finds it. 

What's the fix for this? It's driving me insane

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

The only update I can share for my specific issue is that it is in fact solved.

The OneConnect box required a brand new main board and now it works fine. 

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Mine had a little phase of it too Q95C and Hw-Q800C. I didn't do anything and it fixed itself after a few weeks. Try fully power cycle at the wall leave for 30 and remove and plug back in the hdmi could be I think ifs a DCP issue
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

That solves it for one session but upon session two its back to busted again. I can't imagine doing that everytime I wanna watch TV or play vidya games! 😀 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried leaving it 30 seconds, sometimes mine does that. Says TV but its using the soundbar too.
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

Yep. I've left it after turning on. Sometimes it will recognise the soundbar through earc and i can switch to it. Sometimes it won't. Then I just keep turning it off and on again until it finds it. This is a very boring rain dance to perform when all I wanna do is turn the television on and get involved in whatever media I'm here for. It just makes me wanna toss it all out the window. Thousands of pounds of kit shouldn't need various steps to get in sync after a few years of ownership. 

I'd almost understand if it was a Samsung TV and say a Sony soundbar. I picked up the overpriced Samsung bar to avoid any weird conflicts.. 

Thanks for your help here tho! I'm not mad at you of course 😉 

PS are you named after the infamous Murloc?

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Just had to Google that one I've never played WOW ! But nope haha

Input signal plus enabled?
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

Actually hadn't toggled it! Have now. Will have a play around.

Wasn't sure what it was for. I'm still not sure!

Vetri
Voyager
Options
I've the 75inch with Q800B and it did the same to me, eventually I switched to WiFi mode (sound settings select speaker > speaker name with (WiFi) shown). This works great for me
0 Likes
MisterLeroy
Journeyman
Options

Input signal plus didn't make a difference sadly @Gurky !

The WiFi workaround sometimes works @Vetri but most of the time I turn the TV on it doesn't see any sound devices at all. Sometimes sitting and waiting will help but sometimes not. Just end up repeating the power cycle until something shows up. 

0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Gosh that can be truly annoying
0 Likes