Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 03:12 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
abavetta
First Poster
Options

@MinhT wrote:

So I think I’ve found a work around. I purchased a $27 TP-Link AC750 wifi extender (RE220) and connected to my router wifi. I then connected a wire from the tv to the ethernet port of the extender. I just checked it this morning and it is still connected. Seems to have fixed the issue. Not surprising that your solution worked. You solved TV WiFi dropout by eliminating the TV WiFi connection.

0 Likes
I_Want_Quality
Journeyman
Options

Correct… any purchased WiFi extender that connects through the TV ethernet port and eliminates the internal Samsung WiFi card works! 

0 Likes
I_Want_Quality
Journeyman
Options

Any purchased WiFi extender that connects through the TV ethernet port and eliminates the internal Samsung WiFi card works

0 Likes
abavetta
First Poster
Options

Also using either an Apple TV or a Google Chromecast or a like device that connects to the TV through an HDMI port also works to eliminate WiFi dropout.

0 Likes
David43ni
Apprentice
Options

I am having exAct same issue was a diplay model currys 2020 crystal it would disconect after a while usually a few hours i feel its if j watched a long movie and a tv show. 

that the card is somehow powering down will be hardwiring the tv soon but just stupid Samsung still putting cheap network cards no other devices affected my model is the 2020 4k crystal tv a love the thing tbf. 

0 Likes
lindseyannd
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue as well. A little frustrating to find out it is a Samsung wide issue that they have not fixed. The only work around I've found is I use my Apple TV instead of using the apps through the TV. Please fix this Samsung.

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

Just reading your post... Hope you do not buy another Samsung. I have 2 of them doing this exact same thing. Terrible given what I have paid for these. 

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I kept the tv after getting an extender and hard wiring it to the TV, it solved the problem

0 Likes
thenotoriousndd
First Poster
Options

I think I finally figured it out:

Ordered super cheap cameras to watch my garage and they did the exact same thing. Then I read the instructions: “2.4 GHz channel only” since then I switched my router to put out two separate signals (one 2.4 GHz and one 5 GHz).

After this was done I reconnected the rest of my smart home to the new network and the Samsung TV works flawlessly. 

I had the problem and came to this page multiple times trying to fix it. My best guess is cheap hardware that’s not regulated to US standards and can’t handle switching signals without resetting?

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

Interesting. I also have multiple cams, but was already running both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. The router just broadcasts one ESSID for both nets, but yeah... Maybe the TV is getting confused. Teuly is problematic as tends to ***** out at the best parts of a show. Sigh.

Can't believe I am saying this, as a lonnng time Samsung customer, but suggest folks get a different brand, given Samsung's lack of willingness to address. 

0 Likes