Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 11:51 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Bhoward
First Poster
Options

I hope this helps anyone with this problem. I had been dealing with it for quite some time on my newer 65”, and like many others was at a loss.  Tonight, on a whim, I tried changing my IP from obtain automatically to manually.  I simply took the IP, DNS, GATEWAY, etc that was given to me in automatic mode, and switched my network settings to manual IP and entered those numbers.  For the first time in close to a year, I was able to watch an entire movie without interruption. After all I tried, this worked. Wow 

0 Likes
Members_0MAJHqR
First Poster
Options

This is still a problem. My TV disconnects at least once a day. There seems to be no logic to it. Nothing else disconnects and the WIFI is strong. Something must be happening within the software of the TV itself.

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

I was having similar issues for life of the 55" Samsung TV I had.  I eventually bought a new (Hisense) TV.  No way, after these issues and no support for the problem, was I going to buy anything samsung again.  I ended up moving the samsung to a different room (room I do not ordinarily watch TV in), and oddly, I never had the problem again.  This new location was not really and different distance from router, so could not fathom issue.  Only thing I could possibly think of, was that now the tv was plugged into a separate outlet (not a power strip).  Altho I will say I am pretty sure I tried this fix when the TV was in it's original location, and it did not help.  But anyway, something to consider.  I cannot explain why that would be a problem, unless maybe the power strip was marginal, but then, I would expect as long as their was power, that I would also have internet on the TV. Go figure.

0 Likes