Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 11:51 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
KRISTIN7
Student
Options

Having this problem with my brand new  43” crystal uhd TU7000. Very frustrating. Thought it was an internet issue but no other connectivity issues on other devices. Can’t get the tv to work again without unplugging it and plugging it back in. Happening constantly. Will be calling Best Buy and probably returning it asap after reading this thread. Will get a different brand. 

pklocke
Student
Options

Definitely return the TV as soon as possible. Don't end up with a $1500 boat anchor like I did. Best of luck! 

0 Likes
retromaximum
Student
Options

I found that moving my tv to IPV 4 instead of 6 stopped this issue altogether. Have had the tv now for 2 years and no more incidents. Good luck!

0 Likes
Jimdong
First Poster
Options

Not sure if this thread is still alive.  I have similar issue but simply turning off and on the TV doesn’t work. I have to reboot the router.  All other internet connected devices including two LG TVs work fine but not my Samsung 8000 series TV.  I want to throw it out and get and LG. 

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

Only thing I found that worked was to physically unplug it. So I actually did purchase another TV (not Samsung... Never again). But oddly, I took the old Samsung TV and moved it to a new location in a room in the house that's not used very often. The TV is never has a problem again ever. So I don't know if it's an issue with some sort of power fluctuation that causes it to freak out or what. However it's interesting that the new TV I got has no issues at all plugged into the same Outlets current Samsung may have some sensitivity of sorts that they have not disclosed or documented.

0 Likes
KRISTIN7
Student
Options

I returned mine and got a LG uhd 50UP75. Working perfectly for the first couple of weeks no dropping off wifi. My Samsung actually did turn off completely too after I wrote my previous post… glad I made the switch! This LG is also much better in daytime light compared to the Samsung. Good luck!

Bull1058
First Poster
Options

Same problem with TV less than 3 months old. Got customer service somewhere overseas who I could barely hear or understand and nothing she had me do fixed the problem. It is total BULL**** I have to turn my brand new TV off/on several times an hour. I have 3 other TV's in house and none are Samsung and NONE of them do this so I know it's not my router or internet. This is obviously a known problem so come on SAMSUNG. Stand by your product and fix this.

Edwincarter1976
First Poster
Options

It seems to me that samsung does not read these, proving they don't really care what issues their products have unless it's a big enough problem that might start costing them money or business. The fact that we all have smart TV means they done made money off us. People like myself though that buy strictly samsung devices might just stop and find another brand to go with. It won't be easy though since no other brand seamlessly connects like theirs or has the features theirs does. My 55" in the bedroom started the disconnecting issue the other day and it's newer than the 65"in the living room.  If I start having more issues, I might start shopping around for a new LG or something. 

0 Likes
Varn
First Poster
Options

I started having this issue as well. It started after I moved it to a new room.  It worked fine in the new room UNTIL I mounted it on the wall. 

I wonder what percentage of people having this issue are using a wall mount. Could it be related to the mounting screw locations?  Just thinking out loud. 

0 Likes
urztruly
First Poster
Options
Mine too ... havent we reached a point of starting a class action suit ... Samsung are simply not doing anything to address the challenge
0 Likes