Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV goes blank or switches of and on for a second randomly

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 05:53 AM)
Fleagle
First Poster
Options

QE55QN95AATXXU

I have the above TV which I’ve only had for a few few weeks but as the title suggests it randomly goes blank for a second. 
l’ve looked at all the usual things on you tube but nothing seems to help. It’s connected to a Sky Q box and an AV receiver. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Krisha112
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hey @Fleagle  , maybe try and change HDMI cable, I had similar problem and it worked for me 😉

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Try going into device care and running through all the hdmi checks and hub checks
G G
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Fleagle : Does the issue occur at a specific point e.g. when opening an app or changing sources, or is it random? Can you try unplugging the TV at the wall for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and powering back on using the remote to see if you notice an improvement? Also, try heading to Home > Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this for any external devices connected via HDMI, such as your Sky box. 

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I had a qn95a (I believe that's the one with the one connect box) in any event I had to return it as the box had a fault resulting in my ps5 randomly getting a black screen, the game would still play but the screen kept randomly going black.

Very frustrating when playing games like battlefield and rocket league, it also happened on my blueray player.

I tried all ports, factory resets, re-seating the box to a different location, re-plugging the one connect box, changing to certified 8k hdmi cables. Nothing helped.

In fact it started getting worse/more frequent.

Ended up taking a video of it to show richersounds who immediately said it was a one connect box issue and arranged a pick up and refund.

A real shame really as picture wise it gave my lg c1 a run for its money (just lacked the game related features the lg has)

Edit: I bought my tv in Oct /Nov '21 (not sure if its relevant)

Best of luck I hope you get it sorted.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have the exact same model since launch it is clearly a Samsung One Box HDMI issue, HDMI cables are not the issue.

I read some people had the HDMI board replaced and still had the issue.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Fleagle
First Poster
Options

Thanks will try this

0 Likes
Fleagle
First Poster
Options

Did most of the things recommended but didn't change the HDMI cables, then unplugged for 5 minutes and so far it seems to have sorted the issue not sure what sorted it but at least it seems be ok.

0 Likes