Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble uploading photos from iOS for art mode (43" The Frame 2021 UK)

(Topic created on: 01-09-2021 10:05 AM)
defjaf
Journeyman
Options

I've just purchased a 43" The Frame 2021 in the UK. 

I am having trouble uploading my photos from the SmartThings iOS app:

• I am on my home wifi with the tv. iPhone and TV are both turned on.
  • I tap on the "The Frame" device icon in SmartThings
  • I pick "Art Mode"
  • do see both "Browse>" and "Add your photos+" (I know that this is sometimes a problem).
  • I either tap "Add your photos+" or "Browse>" > "My Collection" > "+ Add photos or create a collage"

I then get a page with "Select Photos to Add to the Frame" and some other text.

• Some of the time, I correctly see a panel with photos below this, and a menu of my albums to select from. 
  • Most of the time, the bottom of the page is blank with "No photos" and nothing to choose from, and the "x" icon in the upper right doesn't work to cancel this page. I can access the remote-control icon in the lower-right, however.

Any ideas? I guess I'd like to know whether anyone else has had the same experience as me, and/or if there's anyone out there who has no problem at all. (I think that there are people out there with other issues getting photos from iOS to the Frame, but perhaps not the same as me.)

24 REPLIES 24
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It looks like you need to use a memory stick. See this post The Frame (2021) upload photo in ART Mode does not work via iPhone - Samsung Community

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@defjaf: If you have yet to add any photos to Art Mode from your iPhone, tap on 'Add Your Photos +' and this should display your available images. Tap on the images you want to add, and tap 'Save To The Frame' in the bottom right. If the issue persists, check the App Store for any available updates for the SmartThings app to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
defjaf
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.

@AndrewL: perhaps I wasn’t clear. The point of my post is that I very often don’t see my photos after “Add Your Photos +” — it works sometimes but I usually just see a screen with no photos (and I can’t hit the “X” to back out).

@Pugs1957: Well, it works sometimes, so it doesn’t seem quite that simple…

Are either of you (or anyone else) on the same setup and having a different experience?

0 Likes
Matthew12
Apprentice
Options

I have had a similar problem, looking to add my photos on a 55 inch 2021 Frame. I would get to the "Select Photos to Add to the Frame" screen in the app (iPhone) and then have several minutes of the spinning ball before the app quit itself completely. 

Solution for me was to realise I was opting to add all photos (or similar term) rather than choosing the 'select photos' option. Once that was chosen it works great. So the size of the photo library was giving it trouble but with no messages to that effect. 

Hope that can help others.

Josh
Student
Options

Hey! Did you ever find a solution? I’m having this issue right now 

Josh
Student
Options

Hi there, having this exact same problem right now, the spinning wheel goes on forever and then it crashes.  I’m wondering if you could please explain how you were able to “select” photos vs the option to “Add photos to the frame”. I’m only seeing the later option, thanks so much in advance!

Matthew12
Apprentice
Options

Hi Josh. This happens to me too. I think that the in-app "add your photos" option sometimes seems to look only for photos you've already sent to the box (as opposed to the frame). I find that completely exiting the app and then relaunching it gives me the option (a dialogue box pops up) to either keep the existing photos or make new selections. If I do the latter it seems to go to my iphoto library just fine. This is all on iphone. 

0 Likes
Matthew12
Apprentice
Options

Hi Josh. This happens to me too. I think that the in-app "add your photos" option sometimes seems to look only for photos you've already sent to the box (as opposed to the frame). I find that completely exiting the app and then relaunching it gives me the option (a dialogue box pops up) to either keep the existing photos or make new selections. If I do the latter it seems to go to my iphoto library just fine. This is all on iphone. 

0 Likes
Crazyeal
Apprentice
Options

I’m having the SAME exact problem.  I keep rebooting my phone and the TV and keep deleting the app, reinstalling, then deleting my TV from the app and reconnecting it.  I get as far as the screen in the app to select photos to add but no photos are shown.  I even have selected photos via the Apple Settings under SmartThings and I have about 20 photos selected.  They don’t show up in the SmartThings App. It’s ridiculous because I’ve wasted several days trouble shorting this and bought an expensive beautiful TV  that doesn’t do what it’s meant to.  So frustrated with Samsung!!  Clearly by the comments this has been a REAL on-going issue and yet you are still selling this as if it actually works!  It’s buggy software!  Fix it!! There’s no excuse.