Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The Frame (2021) upload photo in ART Mode does not work via iPhone

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 11:06 AM)
Markus3
First Poster
Options
TV

I recently purchased The Frame (2021) 43''. I am using iPhone and iPad. So,  I did install Smart Thing app in order to upload my photo and for using in ART Mode. 

1. Error message appears on iPhone that service for upload is currently not available. But my picture us visible in the gallery category (my pictures, TV, ART Mode)
  2. I tried to activate one of my one photos to be displayed in ART Mode, but App crashes on TV and after restart ART Mode App the photo is not displayed.

TV: latest software update (done)

iPhone: latest iOS release installed

Does somebody encounter the same issue? Any solution?

Best regards and many thanks

Markus

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JRVDB
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi there,

I was told last week by a Samsung rep that you can't add pictures from your phone anymore.  You have to put pictures on a thumbdrive and then add those to your tv. It has something to do with proprietary rules...

0 Likes
Markus3
First Poster
Options
TV

Many thanks for your advice

0 Likes
Mikiee164
First Poster
Options
TV

Have you tried - 

going to external device control in settings on the Frame TV?

I found that my phone had become disabled - re-enabled it and it works again. I'd been frustrated for weeks before the same thing happened to my home assistant app and a very helpful error message on home assistant told me what I needed to do and I found my iphone was also disabled.

Just a word to the smart things app designers - I helpful error message is all that is needed sometimes. 

0 Likes