Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2021) upload photo in ART Mode does not work via iPhone

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 10:06 AM)
Markus3
Student
Options

I recently purchased The Frame (2021) 43''. I am using iPhone and iPad. So,  I did install Smart Thing app in order to upload my photo and for using in ART Mode. 

1. Error message appears on iPhone that service for upload is currently not available. But my picture us visible in the gallery category (my pictures, TV, ART Mode)
  2. I tried to activate one of my one photos to be displayed in ART Mode, but App crashes on TV and after restart ART Mode App the photo is not displayed.

TV: latest software update (done)

iPhone: latest iOS release installed

Does somebody encounter the same issue? Any solution?

Best regards and many thanks

Markus

26 REPLIES 26
Mikiee164
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

One issue you may cause you not to be able to upload photos from your phone to the frame is that the phone has been removed from the allowed device list.

Check this first - go to SETTINGS on the FRAME (not the quick settings)IMG-8242.jpgIMG-8243.jpgIMG-8244.jpgIMG-8245.jpgIMG-8246.jpg

0 Likes
Tommy D
Student
Options

Lots of confusion on this issue but there is a direct confirm from Samsung to upload your photos as follows:   https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076727/

The confusion is that Samsung points you to the Smart Things app which is supposed to help you load your photos.  But that does not work for most people.   Samsung should update the software to be consistent with the above posted advice in order to keep people from wasting large amounts of time with software which doesn't work.

AmberleeFaye
First Poster
Options

FIX ( For iPhone at least)

I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps someone! 

What worked for me was:
Settings > Privacy > Local Network > On

The issue seems to be steaming from everyone's personal privacy settings — so if this particular fix doesn't work for you then I would go into your privacy settings and turn literally everything on for SmartThings.

0 Likes
SuZyQ108
First Poster
Options

I stpped the frustration of using the phone, and I do it all with the Frame TV remote. Works like a charm, much faster and frustration! 

0 Likes
LindseyLou512
First Poster
Options

I was about to return the TV if it was going to be this difficult to turn on art, but I came across another comment that worked for me. The issue was how I downloaded the art on my iPhone. When downloading the image on an iPhone, make sure to to download the file as an image and not Auto (which Apple can adjust based on what app you’re using to view). 

0 Likes
Jumbalooyah
First Poster
Options

SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SCENARIO: You have the SmartThings app, your device can see your Frame, but when you click on Art mode and try to ‘ADD YOUR PHOTOS +’ you get this message:

EA8267B7-1B82-4FE6-B12E-09665BA9A2FE.jpeg The problem is, this navigation method is broken in the app. It’s not you.

I stumbled on a workaround…

Instead, from the Frame hub in your SmartThings app; click on one of the promoted art images under ArtMode to take you to the catalogue…

91509915-C829-46ED-B016-822C90676AE4.jpeg

This takes you to the purchase page of the art you selected. Just press the ‘back’ icon to go back to the catalogue screen and from there you can get to ‘My Collection’ and access your existing art – to finally add your own to upload as you would expect.

The problem is entirely caused by a broken navigation link from the ArtMode hub - and this workaround proves the features are all still there if you come at it from a different navigation route.

Hope this eases some people’s frustrations, as it did mine.

And sort your broken app out Samsung!

0 Likes
RogerHH
Apprentice
Options

It is the worst value for money product that I have ever bought. The ArtMode which is what I wanted has the interface and functionality that a middle school kid could have designed better.   It is truly awful

0 Likes