Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many reservations error

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 10:50 PM)
nobbi7777
Student
Options

Samsung qled QE55Q7FNA

Trying option to schedule viewing or schedule recording gives error "Too many reservations"Tried powering off and on again but to no avail. Any idea how I can remedy this please?

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options

@nobbi7777: You can schedule up to 30 recordings or viewings at once using Schedule Recording, or Schedule Viewing, so it is likely that you have reached this limit. If you head to Home > Live TV > Schedule Manager or Recordings > Schedules, you can delete some existing scheduled recordings from here, if you would like to make further additions. 

0 Likes
nobbi7777
Student
Options

Thanks for reply. I have no scheduled recordings so it can't be that. Also the schedule viewing option gives the same error msg. My usb drive is 500GB with only 18GB used. Does anyone else have any ideas please? Thanks

itcz
Apprentice
Options

TV MODEL : UE40MU6470UXXU

Trying option to schedule viewing or schedule recording gives error "Too many reservations" Also tried powering off and on again/Reset to factory settings/Firmware update but to no avail. Do not have any recordings scheduled.

Also as a result of the above, every time the TV is switched on the Update Menu pops up, tells me that the latest update has already been installed and then stays on the System Menu which is rather annoying.

0 Likes
Coz0
First Poster
Options
I have the same error message! Did anyone get this resolved?
0 Likes
Smartts
Apprentice
Options
Same problem for me Samsung model QE65Q60BA. Too many reservations ERROR. TRYING TO VIEW OR SET OF RECORDINGS. have reset and restarted TV, LOOKS LIKE A SOFTWARE Bug TO ME. Samsung please address this.
Pi Stoff
First Poster
Options

I also have the too many reservations problem. My tv is a QE55QN95 AATTXXU it has the latest software, it recorded programs for a few weeks then told me I had too many reservations. I have deleted all recordings and all reservations, I have removed the usb stick wiped it clean and reinstalled but still cannot schedule a recording. It will record a current program. Very dissapointed with this tv and Samsungs response.

Superboy1uk
Student
Options
Hello I have tried most thing with my usb stick as its says too many reservations.....I have not got any reservations on my tv and i have reset my tv also taken the usb stick out and reformatted it still its not working still saying too many reservations......what else can I do to get this sorted.....thinking about putting another hard drive connected to the tv but it's a large hard drive as I got it for my ps5....5TB.....?
Tv model is....UE75MU800
0 Likes
Ellejay56
Student
Options

This is an error with the tv software and has happened on my previous Samsung tv and the current one (ie has been happening for 5 years or more).  Samsung are aware of the issue but have never fixed it. I thought it was because my previous tv was too old for any further updates on the soft/firmware but it happened on the current tv after about 12 months.

Changing out the HD is not likely to fix it any more than just putting in a new USB. It happens randomly and is nothing to do with how many reservations you have, how often you record or how recently you've recorded.

The ONLY things that work are -

1) switching off at the power point/unplugging (if you are in the USA or any other country that doesn't use power point switches) and letting it completely power down for a little while,

2) a hub reset (works sometimes) or

3) a full tv reset. This one is a bit of a pain in the @$$ because you have to redo everything but sometimes it is the only option.

My tv is a different model but I assume we would have similar menu navigation. On the settings menu, go to support then self diagnosis, then choose reset smart hub first (and cross your fingers). If that doesn't work, same menu but select the option 'reset.' Just be prepared to go through the whole set up again (but not actually scanning g fir the channels etc at least). Good luck.

peter1942
Student
Options

You're quite right Ellejay56, with your diagnosis and in my opinion nothing works to cure this fault for all time.

For example, I have reset my 2023 Samsung Q80BA50 tv on two separate occasions and it temporarily fixes the problem for a few months then the "too many reservations" returns. Turning the tv off manually or by a time clock doesn't solve this problem either and according to the blurb one can set an internal setting to switch off the tv at your choosing. Sadly Samsung are letting its customers down in the most shocking manner for a huge international company. Even when you arrange a phone call to the techy chaps they don't answer but ring back and when you answer they ring off and send a text for you to ring them (at your expense). Very angry indeed!😡