Did you mean: 

Model id and version are not valid Error Code. 2014506-1

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 06:05 PM)
willpilgrim
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I needed to factory reset my Samsung UE43AU8000 TV from John Lewis

Downloading the terms and conditions results in the following error code "Model ID and version are not valid error code 2014506-1"
Please see attached images, can anyone point me in the right direction?

IMG_20230105_173649.jpgIMG_20230105_174538.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
The-Lone-Wanderer
Apprentice
Options
One of these should hopefully help you as you are among many others experiencing the same issue.

First try to reset your TV.

Open the Settings menu. Go to General. Select Reset. When asked for a PIN, enter your PIN or use the default PIN 0000. Click the Reset button. Click OK. In some Samsung smart TV models, there is a different way. Go to the Settings menu. Choose Support. Select Self Diagnosis. Click Reset.

Smart Hub Reset.

On the Settings menu, go to Support. Select Device care. Click Self-Diagnosis. Select Reset Smart Hub. Enter your PIN or the default PIN 0000. Click OK.

If these fail then try using a different Samsung Account.

Press the Menu button on your Samsung smart TV remote. Select System. Choose Samsung Account. Click the option on how you want to create a new account.

Last but not least, Change the DNS Settings.

On your remote, press the Menu button. Go to Settings.Select Network. Choose Network Settings. Select Start. Choose IP Settings. Click DNS settings. Select Enter manually. Click OK. Enter 8888. Click OK.
Again. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Why did you need to do a factory reset probably upset the settings hence the reason your getting a invalid code.
0 Likes
Sk33
Apprentice
Options

Hello, Your issue resolved or not?

If resolved please help me because I'm also facing same issue

0 Likes
(1)
Abhishek11118
Student
Options

Im having same problem what to do 

20230706_133534.jpg

After ota update brightness and all settings are showing only 0 and 1 and tv model id and version not valid what to do ..what type of updates Samsung is giving in tvs? Does Samsung want to harass the user with this type of update?

(1)
Sk33
Apprentice
Options

This problem won't be resolved by you. Recently I have faced same issue ,I have tried to resolve this issue in so many ways but none of them worked .

I have contacted customer care they sent me samsung tv technician .Now my problem was resolved.Actually the problem is when u update ur tv sometimes it may lost its model I'd and version I'd ,the technician opened back panel and entered details again.Finally he made hard reset.Now everything is working fine

Medill
First Poster
Options

This is the best response. I'm having the same error code-- and none of the trouble shooting has worked. Samsung is sending a tech within 36 hours of my call. I wish I called the moment I had the issue.  

14promax Marcelline
First Poster
Options

Aide moi à trouver une solution 

0 Likes
andrei331
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my UE49MU6199 tv . First i lost connection to wifi, when i tried to connect the tv didn't find any network. I first reset Samsung Smart Hub, then i reset the tv to factory. After that i was able to connect the tv to my wifi network but when it started to download the Licence Agreement it gave me an error : Model ID and version are not valid error code 2014506-1. After i tried everything that i had found on google i came to this conclusion: the tv model stored in the mainboard is the issue. When i enter the menu About TV the model code displayed on the screen is not the model written in the back of the tv. The bigger problem is that the model code displayed on the screen doesen't even exist (it says UE49KU6310), so that is why i get the error.

I think that happened during an update because the software version was not the last version, when i try to update automaticly it stuck at 0%

I updated manualy with USB stick, downloaded the update from samsung website.

The tv updated but the problem remains. I can't get past the Licence Agreement screen.

How did my model ID changed? How can i change the model ID stored in the tv software.

The serial number is ok, it is the same on the back on the tv.

I am stuck with a tv with no apps

(1)
Sk33
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Don't try to make it by your self, because it may effect other settings in some cases .Inform the Samsung customer care.The technician will have a service remote which is different from normal remote . He will enter model Id written on the back panel if it still occurs then he do will hard reset.Dont try it by yourself.

It just a five minutes work