Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some recordings fail because programme and schedule do not match

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 09:21 AM)
dmart7
Journeyman
Options

I have the Samsung 8500 TV.  I record to USB HDD once or twice a week.  For some months about half the attempted recordings fail, allegedly because the programme and schedule times do not match.  Transmission of the failed programmes is no more inaccurate compared to schedule than those which are successfully recorded, ie. they can vary by a few minutes and the TV automatically deals this.  Is the TV going wrong here, or are programme makers putting something in their schedules to stymie recording via Freeview? 

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange, @dmart7!

Is the 'Clock Mode' on your TV set to Manual or Auto? Go to Home > Settings > General > System Manager > Time > Clock > Clock Mode. Also, could we take the full model code of your TV and the current software version? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About this TV.

0 Likes
dmart7
Journeyman
Options

The Clock Mode is set to Auto. 

Model Code:  UE43TU8500UXXU

The software version is:  T-NKLDEUC-2014.1  BT-S

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@dmart7: In Auto mode, is the time accurate? If not, try heading to Settings > General > System Manager > Time > Clock > Clock Mode > Manual, and enter the date and time manually to see if this helps. Please can you also check the Time Zone while you're in the Clock settings, to make sure that the correct one is assigned. I'd also recommend heading to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to ensure you're on the latest available software version. 

Next time you schedule a recording, try navigating to Home > Live TV > Recordings > Schedules > Edit, and adjust the Start Time to a few minutes before the programme is set to begin. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
dmart7
Journeyman
Options

The time and date are accurate.  Settings are auto for time clock and zones.  Software is and was up-to-date.  So this remains unexplained.

Successful recordings always begin exactly at the beginning of the programme - ie. not early or later.  This must mean that the timer clock is supplemented by a signal from the broadcaster.  Indeed, perhaps the signal is the most important prompt.  I wonder if the problem arises because the signal is not sent, or not understood?

0 Likes
dmart7
Journeyman
Options

In case you are wondering....I always schedule a recording from within the programme guide.  I don't schedule a recording manually using plain timings.  I presume that would work without a hitch, but I would much rather use the programme guide!

0 Likes
Members_WrKoJta
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on a Q90T - this looks like a wider issue, have you managed to resolve yet?

dmart7
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately not.

0 Likes
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi.  Does anyone have an update on this?  I’ve had this message for months on most of my scheduled recording requests resulting in failed recordings each time.  In fact scheduled recording requests made via the programme guide ALWAYS fail if TV is on standby.  If the TV is switched on they are always successful, interesting.  Also interestingly manual recording requests are always successful even on standby. 

0 Likes
Kazza61
Journeyman
Options

This issue has been driving me crazy since getting my 65" Q,95T. My previous Series 7 Samsung HD TV never missed a beat on recordings. Contacting Samsung support is beyond dreadful. They just talk you though a factory reset and tell you to leave the TV for 2-3 to rest! (It's not a joint of beef!). 

However, what I have figured out and it will be interesting to know if this is the case for others in this thread: all the recording failures occur when a recording is due to start and you are using an app (iPlayer, Prime, Plex etc). All those recordings fail and the message about time and programme not matching is left in place of the recording. By and large, recordings taking place while the TV is on standby actually complete successfully. (Most, not all) .

Now I can't help thinking this just needs a firmware update or something but I'm just not sure Samsung know or care about the issue. I shared my findings with Samsung support and said lots of people have raised this issue on the Samsung forums and I was honestly told "those people are liars and they just hate Samsung"!! If someone at Samsung wants to go and check that claim go and listen to the recording of my 50 minute brain exploding experience with their "support" (I use the term loosely) and marvel as I am talked through yet another pointless "disconnect everything and factory reset exercise"!

What I/we need to know is how do you get to discuss an issue like this with someone who a. Understands what is being discussed, and b. has the connections to raise this with technicians in the company who can set about solving it. 

No disrespect to the customer support workers who are no doubt paid peanuts to bat issues away by reading protected menu screens and no matter the problem, advise a factory reset!

Surely, there must be a chain of command and there must be a way to access it?