Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UHD 4k half screen in black

(Topic created on: 27-10-2019 01:43 AM)
Petrymed
Explorer
Options

Hello , I am from Roumania and I a have a problem with my tv , since yestarday my tv went crazy, I still have 1 year waranty but I hope I can do something by myself to fix it. I uploaded a picture so you can see my tv's problem.20191026_193727.jpg

0 Likes
Go to solution
60 REPLIES 60
Shuchita
First Poster
Options

Model - UE43NU7020

It’s the same for me as well , just like the one in the picture. I bought it in July 2019 . 

Any feedback or suggestions on resolution ??

0 Likes
Petrymed
Explorer
Options

The display have to be replaced, that was the solution to my TV , I was Lucky because I hâd waranty

0 Likes
Dogtuna
First Poster
Options

I have model QE43Q60RATXXU which I bought at the end of 2019 and the half black screen problem occurred after 11 months. I contacted Samsung and the arranged for the front panel to be changed as it was still under the 1 year warranty period- in reality I had a new TV. After just over a year this new panel also failed so I got in touch and  I was told that it was the same problem and this time it would be at my own expense as the warranty was now up. The warranty on the new front panel was only for something like 30 days!!! The cost of a new front panel was basically the cost of a new TV I was told. I thought I'd put up with it for as long as possible (I'm retired and don't have the spare cash) and strangely the black half of the screen has now moved to the other side - right to left. I have always bought Samsung TVs and have another two still working years later in the house but having contacted them, they were deadful and not interested at all. There is clearly a problem that they are failing to address. The lesson I have learnt is to either choose another brand or buy your TV from John Lewis as they give you a 5 year guarantee on all TVs at no extra cost. 

0 Likes
Acesfull909
First Poster
Options

Well. Balls. I guess I’m screwed, then, because my tv has been in the box for a year and a half and I went to install it yesterday….same issue. Straight outta the box. Never used before. Samsung is *****

MrVercetti
First Poster
Options
This legit looks like mine.
0 Likes
Thato1
First Poster
Options

Lights offLights offSamsung is a complete scam! This tv is only 2 years old (I think it’s 65inch curved tv) and suddenly there’s a black fade on the right side of my tv. You can’t see nothing with lights on but lights off you can still see a bit. Anyone have any tips?

0 Likes
Arkbml
First Poster
Options

Turning off “intelligent mode” on my Samsung UHD seemed to fix it immediately. Turning it on again seems to recreate the problem. So that seems to fix it for me. Just fixed it so I need to see it first on the long run.

0 Likes
strwberrymarmalade
First Poster
Options

Hi so this just happened to mine , but i got my tv in 2019. So i’m not sure if warranty will cover that or how much it’ll cost ??

0 Likes
Foley2012
Apprentice
Options

Experiencing the same issue, really disappointed with Samsung and their support on the issue. Being advised a customary repair is not possible as I'm out of warranty by 9 months. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/lcd-open-cell-replacement-fault/m-p/8206464#M88762

0 Likes
Isab1
First Poster
Options

IMG_5094.jpeg

 I bought my mum this TV for her birthday and it’s been like this for a while. Unfortunately she’s a senior and lives alone so she never sorted it out and now it’s out of warranty 😞

0 Likes