Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung the Frame switches off and on

(Topic created on: 16-07-2022 04:42 PM)
Lensteruk
Apprentice
Options

I have been trying to figure out what is going on. The TV is a Samsung the frame which keeps going into a boot loop and switches on and off. Sometimes the screen flickers with lines at the top and distorts. When this happens the remote flickers red. 

I have brought a refurbished one connect box and the same happens.  

tried removing batteries from the remotes just in case it is something triggering. No joy. 
tried a new power cable no joy

tried removing all inputs and just leaving the power and the cable. No joy. 

seems only to do it when I am in the room  ! It can be fine for a day or so or sometimes a few hours !! Ghost ? Not ruled out !! 

Any ideas ?? 

Going slowly mad now 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's certainly not what we like to hear, @Lensteruk! Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Lensteruk
Apprentice
Options

Chris 

it’s now now staying on long enough to access any info. The model number is QE55L303TAU and from memory the software is at 2200? 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not good! Unfortunately, it does sound as though the TV will need an engineer's inspection. Have a look here to see your repair options.

0 Likes
Lensteruk
Apprentice
Options

All booked up. Fingers crossed it’s relatively simple. Odd that the remote seemed to respond to something the tv was sending ?

0 Likes
Gitbitdig
Journeyman
Options
Did you get this sorted? Mine also did the same and I see from other comments than it is a problem with the frame tvs. Mine included. Samsung ignoring my requests under consumer right guidelines to get it replaced under fair use guidelines. (Expect more than 2 years from a product of this price)
0 Likes