First Poster
Options

Anyone any ideas?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
HJD1
Pioneer
Options

Is Voice Services enabled in the privacy settings? I recall the voice control didn't work when I didn't agree to all the Samsung terms and conditions re advertising, letting them monitor my viewing habits, targeted adverts etc.. 

Failing that, a complete factory restore usually gets everything working. Oh, I did find having a vpn in use on my laptop, on the same network as the tv, did prevent stuff like iplayer, catchup apps and voice service from working after a while. Samsung like to be in control of all their software and don't take kindly to things blocking their view!

0 Likes
Mrana
First Poster
Options

I have factory reset twice and have the voice control enabled via the secret menu thanks to the support team but to no avail. No VPN in use on my WiFi currently either.

The issue arises when I go to the voice interaction within the general settings, the window gets greyer and no options for adding any services are shown.

0 Likes
HJD1
Pioneer
Options

This is in the Privacy section not in the General subsection in the Settings menu in my Samsung TV. If box isn't ticked the tv doesn't accept voice commands for tv control.

DSCF3686.JPG

Unfortunately, the Settings menus seem to be different for every model. I don't have a Voice interaction section in my General menu. From what I've read about your tv it should have a choice of Alexa, Bixby and google for voice services (mine doesn't). I would imagine that if you haven't legally  consented to Voice Recognition Services terms then they would be grayed out. Again, assuming your terms and conditions are the same as mine!

0 Likes
Mrana
First Poster
Options

16747567429694736357152760959770.jpg

Gotcha. So I have enabled both voice recognition and online remote t&c but no options for Bixby, Alexa or Google Services appear on the voice interaction window in my General>Settings sadly. Thank you again HJD1 replying first and foremost.

Would there be any other options I can perform?

0 Likes
HJD1
Pioneer
Options

According to tomshardware there is no Bixby option on this model but it will connect to Google and Alexa smart speakers.

When you were in the secret menu did you enable Samsung Smart Control as well as Voice Recognition. Both are enabled on my set which does respond to the voice enabled remote that came with the set. My son bought a similar Samsung curved screen about the same time as I did but the voice remote does not work on his. Haven't dared to check his secret menu as he isn't bothered by the lack of voice control but would be very bothered if I screwed up his 55 inch!

0 Likes
Mrana
First Poster
Options

The support team enabled both options in the secret menu but still to no avail. I think I might have to get a Google or Alexa smart speaker in order to use voice command 😕

Thank you again wholeheartedly for your help, HJD1.

0 Likes
sinanokatata
Journeyman
Options

Hey is there any workaround? It's 2023 and my 3 months old TV's Voice search on youtube and third party apps are working but not Bixby. (AU8000) So annoying. Service already changed it with new remote, did a  factory reset but no solution.

Ahy advise? 

0 Likes
Scissors0
First Poster
Options

Have you figured it out? I have the exact problem. I click on voice- nothing. Goes back to the Home Screen. No bixby or Alexa. If I go directly to Alexa app- won’t even open. I have checked Alexa and Samsung is added- just won’t connect. 

0 Likes
Scissors0
First Poster
Options

Same issues. 

0 Likes