Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7F 49" QLED

(Topic created on: 01-07-2018 10:51 AM)
RON816
First Poster
Options

Hi

Very impressed with my Q7F in 49". Outstanding picture quality until I watch motorcycle racing, football etc. Then it becomes just plain annoying. The bikes and riders have intermittant ghost images following them and sometimes in front. The players and ball sometimes have to play catch-up and anything else with fastish movement does the same. This tv is rubbish for watching sporting action. Dread to think what it will do to the Tour De France next week.

Does anyone out there have any great fixes for this (settings etc) other than return the tv and get a Sony?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
Hi @RON816

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Q7F TV. If you're experiencing motion blur then I recommend checking the following setting on the TV to address the issue: Home > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings > Follow the on screen instructions.
0 Likes
RON816
First Poster
Options

Thanks.

I'm aware of where to find the settings menu but it's what to actually set that I need help with. The on-screen instructions just give a description of the item to be set, so at the moment it's all just trial and error. I need actual settings used to best resolve this issue otherwise the set will have to be returned as sport is my main viewing preference. I have tried just about every combination in Auto Motion Plus, including OFF, but I still get picture interference. The set just cannot cope with fast moving images. The picture is without doubt amazing, but the moving image processing is worse than my old Panasonic plama. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RON816 wrote:

Hi

Very impressed with my Q7F in 49". Outstanding picture quality until I watch motorcycle racing, football etc. Then it becomes just plain annoying. The bikes and riders have intermittant ghost images following them and sometimes in front. The players and ball sometimes have to play catch-up and anything else with fastish movement does the same. This tv is rubbish for watching sporting action. Dread to think what it will do to the Tour De France next week.

Does anyone out there have any great fixes for this (settings etc) other than return the tv and get a Sony?

I think your last sentence says it all! 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Or you could try a replacement as it may be faulty.
0 Likes
RON816
First Poster
Options

I'm erring more towards a different brand. Reviews I've seen since buying this QLED, reveal this motion problem is normal for the Q7F. Shame really because the picture can be outstanding.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I would get a different make, Samsung TVs are just about the worse for motion glitches.   We will never buy another Samsung TV, which is a shame as the QLED panels are great, but the underlaying electronics and processing is terrible.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Well, not sure whether I'm doing anything wrong (or right) but I don't get any issues on our Q7 with motion blur/judder issues - or flashes.

Currently watching World Cup footy in HD, and also watch rugby and F1 along with action films with no issues that I can speak of.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RON816 wrote:

I'm erring more towards a different brand. Reviews I've seen since buying this QLED, reveal this motion problem is normal for the Q7F. Shame really because the picture can be outstanding.

Hi @RON816, know you've tweaked Auto Motion  settings without much satisfaction however expert guide here,might be worth a look at https:/https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/qled-q7f-q7#comparison_1774/www.rtings.com/tv/revie...  Other think you would need to get in touch with Samsung or consider other options.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes