Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q9F 2018 not recognizing Chromecast with Google TV

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 11:46 AM)
jockebq
Apprentice
Options

I just plugged in my Chromecast with Google TV in HDMI 1 on my Samsung Q9F 65" (2018). And it takes forever when trying to discover what device it is, after a while it says "Unknown HDMI device". However the device does function, and CEC seems to function (but not all the time, sometimes it does not react when turning off via CEC).

Manual setup does not help either, as Google or Chromecast is not available to select in the list.

How do I setup my Chromecast with Google TV with my Samsung TV, to make it become recognized?

27 REPLIES 27
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jockebq 

Did you manage to get this sorted? Have you tried a different HDMI port?

jockebq
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris,

No I did not manage to solve this. I have tried all HDMI-ports, and reset the settings. No change.

Oethesaint
Apprentice
Options

Samsung need to fix this - I'm having the same issue on my 2018 NU8000

Nukles
Student
Options

Actually I have the very same problem! Why does it happen only with Samsung TV?

Ystg
First Poster
Options

This is an on going situation where a device icon is not even shown in the "Edit device type "

rktchip
Journeyman
Options

same problem, says "Unknown HDMI device" with different Samsung TV.  Frame 2017  UN65LS003. 

brand new Chromecast with Google TV.

Is Samsung looking into this ?

Nukles
Student
Options

I "solved" it by saying that it was a Blue Ray Player. Now its still not recognized as a Google tv but when I select it, it works.

Jarret Z
First Poster
Options

Just commenting to add that I'm also experiencing this issue and hoping a fix will make itself known soon.

ridderem
First Poster
Options

Experiencing the same issue