Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q85 One connect sound issue

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 04:18 AM)
SunnyMan
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have an intermittent issue with sound loss when switching to other hdmi sources connected to the one connect box. 

HDMI 1 - Sky Q box
HDMI 2 - Amazon Fire TV Box 
HDMI 3 - Samsung Sound-bar
HDMI 4 - PS5

When I switch over to the fire tv box or PS5 I sometimes get no sound and the only way to get sound back is to disconnect the one connect cable for a second. I have tried different HDMI cables but still have the same issue. As mentioned it doesn’t happened every time, it’s intermittent. Has anyone else with the one connect box had this issue?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SunnyMan 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
SunnyMan
First Poster
Options

@ChrisM 

Model code: QE65Q85RATXXU

SW VERSION: T-MSMDEUC-1401.0 , B6970101/070204 , BT - S

0 Likes
Drewzyboy
Explorer
Options
Did u ever get this resolved? I still have this same issue
0 Likes
SunnyMan
First Poster
Options

No. Still having the same issue @ChrisM @Drewzyboy 

0 Likes
Drewzyboy
Explorer
Options
I'm still on firmware 1401 on my Q85R .. does this 1409 firmware thats available to install via USB solve this sound issue in any way?
0 Likes
dylankmz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a similar issue like you! I am not using the one connect box but I am using external speakers with ARC (Klipsch The Fives). I have complete sound drops when I switch HDMI sources like you, and the only way to get it back it back is to switch sources again or just turn off/on manually my speakers.. It's a weird issue but I am pretty sure the issue is not coming from my speakers. I have seen that there is a new update 1520 online since August 08, I will try to update it today and let you guys know if this has fixed it or not.

My model: QE65QN85BATXXN

0 Likes