Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 5 year warranty

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 08:32 PM)
Princer
Apprentice
Options

2020 Samsung TV 5 year warranty being denied

Hi all, so my 3 year old 75” QLED has developed a black line across the entire width of the screen about an inch up from the bottom of the screen, I’m 110% certain the tv when on display had the 5 year warranty included (as did my previous Samsung LED) 

I’ve just been to Currys and they said it never had 5 year cover, I know for certain it did and I distinctly remember asking at the time of purchase which was confirmed correct, as I’m very cautious when spending large amounts of money 🤣 

So Its not looking very good for me getting it sorted I’ve got to ring Samsung support in the morning but feel I will be wasting my time, so almost £2000 for a to which has failed at 3 years old,  I’m not impressed.

Any help much appreciated 

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Usually when there is an extended warranty offer, you have to register the device to get the extended warranty.

The warranty company would in turn send you your documents so that if you ever need to claim.....

Does that ring any bells for your case at all???
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Princer . It's important that you get your TV looking and performing as expected again. You mentioned that you had a five-year warranty. If this was offered via Samsung, it needs to be registered separately. Upon doing this, an email would have been sent to you.

I appreciate that you purchased your TV in 2020. From what you can remember, was the warranty offered by the retailer or did you register it separately?

0 Likes
Princer
Apprentice
Options

I just remember the 5 year warranty signs on the corner of the larger Samsung tv’s, I will be honest I brought the display model due to none left in stock (covid times) that’s why I double checked the 5 year warranty was still applicable to my display model as otherwise I wouldn’t of brought a display model that could of been on for thousands of hours.  Normally I always register everything but I cannot find anything on my emails or the Samsung website so I can’t say for certain i did which is very unlike me.

0 Likes
Princer
Apprentice
Options

I can’t find any emails or the TV on the Samsung website, and i honestly cannot remember if I did register it which is very unlike me as I’m usually very meticulous

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Princer . If you could reach out to our Support Teams, they'll be able to verify whether the extended warranty was registered:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Alternatively, as we'd never ask you for this information on the public Community, you may also wish to send a PM to @Sam_UK and I or one of the other Moderators could check the warranty for you:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Princer
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the help 

Scorpion
Apprentice
Options

Hi , if a 5 year warranty was on offer with the TV at the time of sale why do you have to register it separately with samsung if you have a receipt. 

Robert

AntS
Options

Hi @Scorpion  , It depends on who the specific extended warranty was on offer from. If the extended warranty is from Samsung it needs registering at the Samsung side for it become active and logged on our system. But if an extended warranty is being offered independently and directly by the retailer, they’ll have their own process for signing up for that. 

Princer
Apprentice
Options

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information, Samsung said there was no 5 year warranty and Currys were never part of that deal, so I went back to Curry’s for the 2nd time spoke to a different guy at the repair desk and he remembers my model very well as he used to sell them back in 2020, he  confirmed that model definitely had a 5 year warranty, he phoned Currys customer service who said no it’s only got a 12 month guarantee, he said that definitely is not correct etc etc, so once that was sorted out I then took my TV to Currys Sunday and it was collected yesterday for repair under warranty.

Massive praise to the guy at Currys for sorting this out for me, otherwise I could of been footing the repair costs myself.

0 Likes