Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q95T earc problem with sonos arc

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 12:17 AM)
rjstann
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else having issues.  Have seen some having similar problem with a Frame.

whenever I switch earc to auto in settings i lose all sound from the soundbar.  have tried disconnecting and unplugging from power but nothing seems to make a difference.  when earc is off i can get atmos from netfix app through DD+ and for the most part thats fine as i dont tend to play any discs or games.

but thats not the point really.  it should work.  but it seems there is a problem with earc which was one of the main reasons for buying this tv.

27 REPLIES 27
Mike2020
Explorer
Options
Yes, both products have eARC, however there appears to be a well documented issue currently with eARC that appears to affect Samsung TV's with a One Connect Box (Frame/Q95t). Sonos have been in touch to advise that they are working with Samsung to investigate the issue.
I am hopeful that this will be resolved in the near future but have no ETA or update (was advised yesterday on the above).
Thanks
Mike
0 Likes
MrBenLogan
Apprentice
Options

Do Samsung themselves ever comment here!? This widely reported issue still isn't fixed and I'm trying to decide on whether to return a new TV. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all!

Some good news on this! The issue has been identified and a fix will be included in the next Software release.

marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Hey @ChrisM this is great news.   Do you happen to know if there's any potential date for the release?  And any specific details as to what was found, or what issue it will fix?

Bijter
First Poster
Options

Hello,

living in the Netherlands having the same problem (and a lot of other users overhere) with my QE65Q95TALXXN and the Sonos ARC.

Hoping that the next software will solve the problem. However it's taking already several month!

Bijter

0 Likes
Erik_The_Viking
Student
Options

When is this next software release scheduled for?  

Ikapab
Student
Options

Recently got a QE65Q70T and a Sonos Arc - never managed to get the Arc to function properly with the TV over eARC; works acceptably through optical with the obvious drawbacks of course. I'm thinking about returning one or both products, but would consider keeping them if the firmware is expected before my option to return them expires. A rough release date would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
pdmoorhouse
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same e-arc issues with a Samsung Frame 2020 TV and the Sonos Arc. Sort it out Samsung and Sonos 

To quote someone on the Sonos forum :

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

I will be contacting trading standards and the press if this is not sorted. 

0 Likes
pdmoorhouse
Journeyman
Options

Did you ever get a response from either Sonos or Samsung regarding this. or do both companies not care less about their customers 

0 Likes