Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware version 1602.2-November 2023 for 2022 NeoQLED and QLED TVs: BUGS and/or anomalies

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 09:39 AM)
Raus1
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

below are the bugs and/or anomalies I've found with this new firmware version compared to the previous (1520.7).
Feel free to add other problems you have encountered or post information/details useful to the discussion.

Thanks to @JAMES4578  here you can see the release notes for your TV's model: Tv Firmware ChangeLogs 
Hoping Samsung will quickly fix them in the next version...

1) EPG slow down: the TV guide (EPG: Electronic Program Guide), which was previously opening very fast in 1430.1, now every time it's launched it shows the screen ("Loading....please wait") for about 2-3 seconds before it opens....very annoying indeed.

Raus1_0-1699521829804.jpeg

2) Wrong or missing TV channel logos: additional problem on the EPG guide (but it also occurred in previous versions) is still: the EPG guide does not show all the logos of the TV stations, furthermore in many cases the logos shown refer to other channels (see highlights in the figure).

Raus1_1-1699521829823.jpeg

I've already tried a rescan and factory reset (several times) but the result does not change. Please note: compared to version 1520.7 the situation has improved but there are still a lot of channels without logos or with wrong logos.

3) Some (uninstallable) applications will not uninstall: some applications are not uninstalled (e.g., Twitch, N, Knox) despite the fact that it is possible and that the DELETE option is displayed and selectable. Each time the TV is restarted these reappear in the list of installed applications.

Raus1_2-1699521829730.jpeg

pic 1: Installed app list

Raus1_3-1699521829731.jpeg

pic 2: select deleteTwitch

Raus1_4-1699521829732.jpeg

pic 3: confirm

Raus1_5-1699521829734.jpeg

pic 4: Twitch deleted

Raus1_6-1699521829734.jpeg

pic 4: after TV reboot again Twitch in the list of apps

4)  Audio/Video disynchronization in HDMI-eARC with Samsung soundbar and SONOS beam:  switching between channels using the EPG or after  a while of use and changing channels several times, the soundbar (Samsung HW-H450) audio goes out of sync. Instead, Sonos beam loses synchronism after going into stand-by mode.
To restore proper audio/video synchronicity requires turning the TV off and on again.  Even using MUTE on and MUTE off resumes synchronisation between audio and video 

61 REPLIES 61
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
The local dimming seems to be all over the place.
G G
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Seems there still a few bugs which can be a bit troublesome , has anyone noticed areas that have improved? Anyway beneficial to report findings here.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
jonhxostil
Apprentice
Options

i think the black bars in movie are more gray...

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
The bug with the main page not loading with out the screen blacking for a few seconds or needing press the home button seems to have been sorted
G G
jonhxostil
Apprentice
Options

what is mean

0 Likes
PixelDreams
Explorer
Options

Hiya,

Thanks for putting this together again, the 'Sonos Beam' issue from 1520.7 still persists, if you can add that to the list? I suspect it's similar to the ARC issue you have listed here, except it's not when changing using the EPG, it's usually when the TV has been on standby for sometime.

The fix for this is still power cycling the sound bar / TV.

Thanks,

Toby.

jonhxostil
Apprentice
Options

i think local dimming have more clouding and the black bars in movies is more washed

Skizofrenic
Explorer
Options

Firmware 1602 and Disney+ bug came back. It was good fir 20+ days with previous firmware. Installed 1602 saturday. Sunday morning SBAM. Blank screen at reboot.  Is Samsung Windows 2.0????

0 Likes
TobiasMey2
Apprentice
Options

Anyone has an idea of how often Samsung does release firmware updates? I am really annoyed with the Beam Gen 2 connection bug. My QE50QN90B is connected through EARC with my Sonos Beam Gen 2. After an automatically pushed firmware update, the above described connection issue started occurring.I spent over an hour with Sonos on the phone to discuss and they were very clear that it was an issue on Samsung’s end. Reached out to Samsung afterwards only to be told it was Sonos fault. Pure madness.