18-08-2023 12:37 PM - last edited 24-10-2023 02:46 PM
below are the bugs and/or anomalies I've found with this firmware version.
Feel free to add other problems you have encountered or post information/details useful to the discussion.
1) EPG slow down: the TV guide (EPG: Electronic Program Guide), which was previously opening very fast, now every time it's launched it shows the screen below never shown up before ("Loading....please wait") for about 2-3 seconds before it opens.
2) Wrong or missing TV channel logos: additional problem on the EPG guide (but it also occurred in previous versions) is still: the EPG guide does not show all the logos of the TV stations, furthermore in many cases the logos shown refer to other channels (see highlights in the figure).
I've already tried a rescan and factory reset (several times) but the result does not change.
3) Some (uninstallable) applications will not uninstall: some applications are not uninstalled (e.g., Twitch, N, Knox) despite the fact that it is possible and that the DELETE option is displayed. Each time the TV is restarted these reappear in the list of installed applications.
4) Audio/Video Disynchronization with soundbar: I noticed that after a while of use and changing channels several times, the SoundBar (Samsung HW-H450) connected to the HDMI-ARC output with HDMI 2.1 cable tends to lose audio sync with video. To restore proper audio/video synchronicity requires turning the TV off and on again.
Believing that this was my problem I had not reported it, but having found other forums ( https://www.reddit.com/r/S95B/comments/15yd6xs/s95b_firmware_update_1520_is_officially_out_ota/ ) reporting the same problem (also highlighted on the optical output), I prefer to report this anomaly.
5) Sonos issues: Sonos Beam loses connection to eArc and requires a power cycle to reconnect.
21-08-2023 09:45 AM in
thanks for your feedback, but the fact remains that it is abnormal behavior.
Let's use this thread to collect all the 'oddities' that are part of the firmware release with the hope that Samsung will fix them once and for all.
22-08-2023 09:44 AM - last edited 22-08-2023 09:47 AM
Well, mine updated this morning and, so far, it looks good. The picture and sound don't seem to have suffered and the smart functions seem faster. I don't use the EPG, so have not noticed any bugs there - my granddaughter now has the TV to watch Garfield - will take a look at EPG issues later when she lets me have it back!
23-08-2023 04:36 AM in
For The Frame tv, this firmware still has a bug where connected devices cannot power off the TV via ANynet+. So if the connected device is powered off or goes to sleep after a timeout period, the TV does not match its state, instead it goes to a Disconnected antenna or Samsung TV+ (with very loud audio).
The purpose of the Frame TV art mode is totally ruined as it does not go to art mode and it will randomly turn itself on.
23-08-2023 08:09 AM in
I have the same issue with my Apple TV 4K no longer powering off my Frame TV (goes to Samsung Plus with very loud audio), it only started lastnight, I tried changing cables, resetting settings, power cycling and now realised that it’s using this new firmware… I don’t understand why firmware updates keep destroying perfectly working features, I think once it’s fixed I’ll switch off ‘auto updates’ on all my devices… There’s an old saying, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix.
27-08-2023 08:11 PM in
Hi. Just after update my 43" qn91b went completely crazy in game mode. Fastest mode was totally unplayable on xbox sx. Tv displayed 3 frames at the same time with some offset. My eyes almost exploded. And 960hz backlight disapeared. All the modes and picture settings flickered at 120hz. But on the fast mode (with the interpolation) image was as good as in the normal non-game mode with image clarity on. It was very strange. Additionaly black frame insertion did't work at all. Previously it was totally ***** but worked. So I changed to the FAST mode because it was the only playable one and looked great. All the strange things happened last friday. That day I noticed that firmware version changed from 1430 to 1520. That was very strange because auto update was turned off... Today is sunday and my tv is acting different Fastest game mode returned to normal state like before update. 960hz backlight returned where it should be. Fast game mode is a ***** again but not totally. If I go to game motion plus menu and I manually move 'blur reduction' slider to 10 the moving image quality is great again. But... If I close tv settings menu blur reduction stops workig and image is crappy again... This update is some kind of joke imo.
31-08-2023 10:08 AM in
I have been having a problem getting 2560x1440 at 60hz to work properly on my PC. It seems when I apply that resolution at 60hz, the framerate is not smooth and very jerky/teary. Setting the refresh rate to 100hz or higher results in a smooth experience again at 1440p, but for now it seems that the 1520 update on my QN90B has bugged out 1440p at 60hz. I would like this to be fixed as the only solution I have to this problem right now is creating a custom resolution of 1439p and using that instead (it is smooth as expected). No problems with my PC either, Windows 11 fully up to date, NVIDIA RTX 4090 (GPU), Intel Core i9 13900K.
01-09-2023 08:48 AM - last edited 01-09-2023 08:49 AM
every region has some apps that cannot be deleted from the tv. if you want to change the apps then try changing the region of the TV. i have done that a couple of times. the us, uk and eu regions have different apps pre-installed that cannot be deleted. However it does not matter. just dont add them to your home.