Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qe55q7fam tv network cable disconnected.

(Topic created on: 20-07-2018 06:08 AM)
Jel79
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have the qe55q7fam tv, I constantly get tabs across the top saying "network cable disconnected " followed by "network cable connected". The 2 message go on hard rotation several times.

Often this happens when I don't even have the cable connected at all and I am using Wi-Fi to connect!

Anybody having the same issue?

91 REPLIES 91
Spike220160
Student
Options

Exactly the same error. Started about 10 days ago and is driving me mad, Anyone managed to obtain a fix? I have tried all the suggested circumventions in this thread with none of them resolving the problem.

Grateful for any advice on how to resolve.

0 Likes
MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

I am using Cat 8 and the issue is still present

0 Likes
MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

You would think they could issue a patch to disable the message until they find a fix.

0 Likes
Gedaswell
First Poster
Options

Hi All. I have found a fix for my situation.  I went up in broadband speed to fibre (30-50mbps) and the problem no longer happens.

I am surmising that the slower (ADSL) connection to the internet was causing line dropouts which were not apparent elsewhere in the house but were enough to cause the connect/diconnect messages.

Hope this helps others, and maybe Samsung can look at it from that perspective and maybe fix something to help with slower web connection dropout recovery.

Cheers

Ged

0 Likes
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

I have 250Mbps coming in on Fiber myself, that isn't the issue. My internet does not drop out when this happens, the TV doesn't even lose internet connection. I have gotten the message while streaming Netflix, Prime and other streaming services. From my experience, you will soon get those messages again, changing your internet will probably not make a difference.

0 Likes
jdtorp
Apprentice
Options

Ok everyone, this may be it. I disconnected my LAN cable today and I did NOT get the disconnected/connected notification like I always do. You're going to have to use a flash drive to install the new update because for some reason it's not available for auto-update yet.

Software Update URL: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-qled-tv-q90r-series

Instructions URL: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/

Call Samsung if you run into issues with this. Fingers crossed.

BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

I updated this weekend and haven't seen the error message since, but it's too soon to tell. Sound like they disable the message completely from what you are saying jptorp, if they did that is fine with me.

jdtorp
Apprentice
Options

Yep, it looks like that's what they did...which is fantastic :smiling-face: 

AnthonyWest
Journeyman
Options

No - Does not work.   Seems my TV's firmware is already on par with this downloaded version i just tried.  I continue to get the network issue pop-ups every time my ISP has a latency in their network back to Samsung's servers.  😞  This is crazy. i just want a feature where i can disable notifications. Is that too much to ask 😞  

TV says i'm on version 1300

Software Version T-KTM2AKUC-1300.4, BT-S

TV MODEL: QN65Q8FNB

0 Likes
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

1371 is the latest firmware we are talking about. I had to download it from Samsung, put it in a USB drive to update the TV. Still haven't seen the error in the past 5 days. I did unplug my lan cable and the message did pop up, so they did not disable the message completely. Time will tell if it's fixed.

0 Likes