Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Cable disconnected

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 02:04 PM)
Cliddy
First Poster
Options

I've had my TV for a year or more and it's recently started displaying Network Cable disconnected I've searched everywhere for a solution. It appears many people experience it in USA and here in UK. But I've never seen a solution. I assume by now there must be, or nobody would buy Samsung. At the moment I certainly won't.

I understand this forum isn't looked at by Samsung themselves, unlike other company forums.

Anyone with ideas 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you checked all the network connections, or tried different cables. ? Also is it possible to try a different TV to see if the problem persists.
It will be a try and work out if it the TV or network.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Cliddy Are you having trouble with the internet connection on the TV  and are you using an ethernet or wifi connection? check all connections are secure .Advisable to check the Tv has the latest firmware, you have not mentioned the model but check Samsung Support. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/    However may need to Factory Reset TV or/and Reboot both Tv and router by unplugging, leave at least 30 seconds before reconnecting.

I will have other advice if still issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Cliddy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for response.

I've tried 4 different cables that I've accumulated over the years, no change.

I've checked connections at all points back to router.

No other device is causing issues, but unfortunately can't test another TV.

I've also tried WiFi from TV as well as cable connection.

I'm new on here but I've delved into here and the US version and there were numerous instances back in 2020 (so I'm not alone) but no solutions.

0 Likes
Cliddy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for response, I've cut and pasted my response to previous guy, sorry for the lack of personalisation!

The TV model is UE43M5500

I'm fairly sure it's up to date version as I let it auto update, but will double check.

Quite happy to reset everything again although have already done router a few times. What do I lose if I factory reset the TV?

I've tried 4 different cables that I've accumulated over the years, no change.

I've checked connections at all points back to router.

No other device is causing issues, but unfortunately can't test another TV.

I've also tried WiFi from TV as well as cable connection.

I'm new on here but I've delved into here and the US version and there were numerous instances back in 2020 (so I'm not alone) but no solutions.

0 Likes
Cliddy
First Poster
Options

Hi again.

Perhaps you can help with this. The TV auto updates the firmware or at least it should.

It shows as Vers 1310

When I look online to find out latest it says 1310.1

It offers usb update or online via the TV. Why would I want usb if it can be done simply by the TV. But my real question is, is Vers 1310.1 basically still the same title as 1310 in others words already up to date.

0 Likes