Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-symphony, bad voice quality and low volume. Sales pitch?

(Topic created on: 09-07-2023 01:18 AM)
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

Hello.

Just bought QN85B 60" tv and HW-Q610B soundbar. Connected with HDMI eArc and according to the information on the TV the q-symphony is activated. However, voice quality and volume that comes out from the TV is terrible 😔.

When watching movies it's almost impossible to hear people talk due to low volume and voices are also very cr*ppy. Is there anything to do or is q-symphony just a sales pitch but in reality totally worthless? Had high expectations but are bow disappointed.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
In the sound settings have you turned on the arc setting. And tried turning from pcm to auto or vice versa.
G G
0 Likes
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, arc is activated and I have also tried with pcm on/auto. Unfortunately, barely any difference.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
What source are you running into your tv
G G
0 Likes
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Nothing, right now 100% apps. Netflix, YouTube and some other apps for movies and different content. 🤷

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Doesnt seem to be much on it about as im sure youve found. One post mentioned try moving your router away from the sound bar (i cant see this will help but hey ho) another said to test using a optic cable from tv to sound bar then if that sound good its an issue with a hdmi board. Sorry couldnt help more
G G
0 Likes
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for all the suggestions. Can possibly test with a new hdmi cable but don't think that's the problem. I'm using the one that came with the soundbar and it's labeled samsung and arc. 

If anyone else has any tips, it's welcome 🤗

0 Likes
BRBugg
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem.  Background Sounds are SOOO Loud they drown out any voices so you turn up the volume so you can hear the conversations, then some totally random background noise blasts through almost rupturing an ear drum so you have to either Mute or turn the volume down.  I can believe I spent this much on such junk.  My old system (also Samsung) was half the price and 10 times better audio.

0 Likes
Tubby02
First Poster
Options
Its put me off it. My tv rattles anyeay
0 Likes
Edd09
First Poster
Options

Hello, i had the same problem and i was very disappointed by this, but after a long search i discovered 5 minutes ago that you can activate the voice enhancement mode whit the soundbar remote, press the "cog" button until the soundbar says "voice enhancement off" then press the up or down button to change to "voice enhancement off" and voila, im so happy now

0 Likes