Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on TV ue49mu6400 - audio data not supported

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 07:42 PM)
Nas88
Pioneer
Options

Hi. Was hoping to get some help on this weird issue. Keep getting a popup saying audio data not supported. Just happened suddenly, even with videos that were working fine a few minutes ago. I've not made any changes on the TV. Get the same error for videos playing off a hard drive or even videos recorded on my phone (s10+) whether that's directly from the hard drive or through smart view. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @Nas88. Is your software version 1270.3? If not, and you're unable to download it via usual methods, it can be downloaded here and installed using USB. 

0 Likes
Nas88
Pioneer
Options

Hi Carl. Very sorry for the late reply. Only realised you replied when I checked my spam emails lol. The sound actually came back the day after. I will however check if the software is up to date and update it if needs be. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated 

GraphicDesign
First Poster
Options

Hi, not sure if you've resolved your message problem, but i have a solution. We had this issue with a work video a couple years ago, and it came up again recently. I spent a bit of time online searching for resolve, even with tech support from Samsung, but found the answer in a group chat. You need to add a 'silent' or 'blank' audio track to the video, even if there is no audio track present. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Nas88
Pioneer
Options

Hi. Thanks for your message. The problem actually resolved itself after a day or so. Just tried playing the same videos again and it started working fine and has been ever since. Bit of a weird issue but it seems to be OK now fingers crossed. Thanks. Nas. 

0 Likes