Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No control over optical output volume

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 10:11 PM)
Arthur Truefree
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I just bought a Samsung TV #QE50QN92C Neo Qled 2023.

I don't know why there's no analog output on the TV, so I connect my speakers in Optical via the following assembly: 

TV --> toslink --> Digital-to-analog converter (Swisssonic) --> RCA/XLR --> Active speakers (amplified, Adam T7V) .

The sound works perfectly and I've been able to set my parameters so that the default sound only comes out of the optical output unless I plug in my Bluetooth headphones... 

The big problem is that I have no control over the output volume! It's always on full blast! 

Neither from the remote control (pushing up or down the volume button) I get a message "Optical output" instead of the volume control. Nor from the menus. When the sound comes out directly from my TV, it works perfectly, no problem. 

How can I solve this problem and why can't I adjust the volume of the optical output?

Thank you for your answers.

Kind regards,  A.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
LeotheKing
Pioneer
Options
Hi,
Use HDMI EArc from TV to speakers if they have hdmi connection.
0 Likes
Arthur Truefree
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Thank you for the reply 😁

But unfortunately there is no HDMI EArc input, only TosLink S-PDIF or other analog (Jack TRS, XLR...).

I'm more interessting to understand how to fix volume control for the optical output of such TV before buying new hardware to adapt to other output such as HDMI arc.

Thanks !

0 Likes
drdense
First Poster
Options
You can't. Toslink only sends audio signals (up to 5.1) and nothing else. Of you want to control the volume you need to do it on the audio device, not the tv. (This is the same on every single tv that has ever been made that has optical audio out)
0 Likes
KaraTheValkyrie
First Poster
Options
0 Likes