Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cashback denied due to late delivery

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 05:07 PM)
MrHmp
First Poster
Options

Samsung didn’t deliver a TV for 35 days, so impossible to raise the cashback claim within 30 days because the serial number is needed to raise the claim.

Is this a common issue other people have faced?

It’s bad enough having to wait over a month for delivery, but to get scammed out of the cashback is bad.
I wondered if it’s a deliberate tactic by the promotion team.  All I got from them was a “tough luck” email…

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

You'll need to reach out to Samsung Customer Services to let them know what has happened.

They should be able to guide you on how to get your cashback given the delay was Samsung's doing.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

You'll need to reach out to Samsung Customer Services to let them know what has happened.

They should be able to guide you on how to get your cashback given the delay was Samsung's doing.
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Always use credit card
0 Likes
MrHmp
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice. 
Customer Services weren’t interested, even though the delivery delay was down to them. 
They said there was an option to enter a claim before delivery, but I don’t believe them. 
The promotions feel like a marketing scam, but have the opposite effect - they won’t be getting any more money from me 😉

0 Likes
MrHmp
First Poster
Options

I wish I’d checked their Trust Pilot rating for claims before ordering - absolutely appalling: 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.samsungpromotions.claims

0 Likes
MrHmp
First Poster
Options

Samsung Customer Service eventually approved the cashback claim on an "exception" basis after I complained so much.
Took 4 months from the date of purchase for the payment to arrive though.
I'll still think twice in the future though.
The outsourcing of the promotion management to "Opia Limited" might not have been their best idea... 

0 Likes