(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 02:02 PM)
JamieK214
First Poster
Options

0F552B69-FD37-49FF-8D91-6AA45DA31B89.jpeg

BF20DB3A-A28C-4E50-BE90-C4555A518BDE.jpeg

A4D4DF14-236E-4652-933E-034566D808AA.jpeg

Hello.

I have a QE65Q900T 8K QLED TV that I paid around £3000 for has it’s screen peeling off down the centre and sides. I am completely shocked that a TV at this price and range would be having such a ridiculous issue that has now made it unusable. How can this be sold as a consumer product knowing that the screen will eventually peel off? Can someone please help me with this.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
You need to go back to the place you bought it from
0 Likes
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Uu, I'm a TV technician, but never saw anything like this. Can I ask where you brought it and have you asked Samsung for help?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @JamieK214 

This certainly is not what we like to hear, or would expect from one of our TV's.

Are you able to send us a Private Message to our team account Sam_UK?: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597? 

(Guide on how to send Private Messages here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... ) 

GoJo1
First Poster
Options
I recently bought my first 43" Samsung smart TV. It is the type that the bevel does not cover the screen ive learnt. In my ignorance I thought this was a screen protector and started to peel it off. Wasn't until I realised that there was no picture behind that I realised my mistake. The screen just peeled of so easily that reinforced my belief it was screen protector. I am now left with a damaged TV.
I feel this is design and information flaw and there should be at least a warning that there is not a screen protector .
Any recommendations for how to repair the screen?

0 Likes
DobbyD
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues! Just not as extreme. Possibly the TV needs to be recalled?! Where you able to get the TV replaced? I just made a complaint to the store I purchased it from, they're sending a technician our soon

0 Likes
Members_jN9UTtP
First Poster
Options

I got the same thing on my 85. Pls contact me.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_jN9UTtP: If you have encountered a similar issue to the OP, then this will require an engineers inspection in order for the root cause to be diagnosed, and for the necessary repairs to be carried out. With this in mind, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to us via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
Tommy_pro
First Poster
Options

I  have the exact same issue with

SAMSUNG - QE65Q900TSTXXU 65" Smart 8K HDR QLED

. It looks like it’s peeling around the edges. 
the tv is less than 2 years old and really hope that Samsung can offer a replacement. 

0 Likes
LorinA123
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact issue with Samsung - 75" Class QN900C Neo QLED 8K Smart Tizen TV purchased from Best Buy just over a year ago. Samsung won't do anything because the manufacturer warranty ran out on Sept 7th. This is absolutely terrible. I used to swear by Samsung. Now, I'll never buy another and I'm going to dissuade everyone I know from purchasing one of their sets. I've never spent this much money on a television. I will spend that again but not with Samsung. Reddit is going to hear about this one too. 

0 Likes