Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game mode off/on black screen PS5

(Topic created on: 27-06-2023 03:00 AM)
Rogeey
Journeyman
Options

Purchased a Samsung Q90T 75” specifically for gaming. At random intervals the tv randomly flickers black and turns game mode off then on. I’ve tried a whole host of setting changes to see if I can work around the issue but no luck so far. HDMI 2.1 cable is brand new so this is not to blame. This appears to be a software fault dating back to 2019 so why is it not fixed? Any help appreciated. Technician is booked to try ‘repair’ this fault, but failing that il be returning for a refund and jump ship to the LG CX

96 REPLIES 96
Camerond
First Poster
Options

I was able to find the issue. After months of thinking it was game mode it is actually the VRR on the PlayStation. Turn that off and the issue has not come back for me even keeping Game Mode on with my TV. Looks like there is some compatibility issue with VRR. Possible it’s a PlayStation thing. Try that out and see if it helps you.

0 Likes
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

I think the reason is PS5 VRR as well. When I use the Xbox Series S I never have the issue. More on the game mode panel, on the Xbox the VRR says AMD Free Sync while on PS5 only says VRR. This could mean that VRR implementation on Xbox is something certified while on PS5 not.

Either way, or Samsung should fix their Firmwares to fully support the PS5 VRR or PS5 should change to something more reliable 

0 Likes
Basheru
First Poster
Options

Got a 55" Neo QLED 8K QN700C and this bug still appears, refund is ongoing and bought a LCD 55" Crystal UHD 4K CU7179 , for me same quality 🙂 but more important it have also the same bug. Have to update the firmware manually, autosearch didn´t find the newest version or seems to be intended that way. This is for the LCD CU7179 but should be at every model similar  
https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_DE&OriginYN=N&Model...

After Update still buggy, turn gamemode off ...

0 Likes
JamesRayner
First Poster
Options

Type this into Amazon.co.uk to see what worked for me: 

2m 8K HDMI Cable 2.1-8K @ 60Hz 4K @ 120Hz DSC - HDTV 7680 x 4320 - UHD II - HDMI 2.1 2.0a 2.0b - 3D - High Speed HDMI Cable - HDR - ARC - Precision Plug - Compatible with Blu Ray PS5 Xbox

Link:

https://amzn.eu/d/djtTDyr

See above - I bought this and the PS5 is stable now - I want to make this known to everyone as it’s a nightmare when the screen keeps going black 

I think I had exactly the same issue before I used this cable - only £10 off Amazon 

0 Likes
Spooty
First Poster
Options

Wow! Thank you so much!

I've had this exact issue with my PS5 and it was getting very frustrating. I finally stumbled upon this thread after years of annoyance from this black screen issue. I changed these settings as you advised and it seems to have resolved the issue, at least for now!

For reference, I have a Q55QN95A with an HW-Q800A sound bar with the surround wireless speakers. Every time I'd get this black screen refresh it would also turn off and on Dolby Atmos.

Hopefully this issue will now be permanently fixed!!

0 Likes
Nikkibobby18
First Poster
Options

My series x just did it. I called them after switching my ps5 with my series x. It seems to be happening to my hdmi 1. I will be very upset if I play elden ring again fighting Melania  and this happens.

0 Likes
Nikkibobby18
First Poster
Options

This does not help. I’m on the 32” qled and set game mode to on. It’s like the tv wants to load something else and blacks out for about 3 seconds and comes right back on.

0 Likes