Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Freesat / free view connecting

(Topic created on: 03-11-2019 08:14 PM)
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

Hi

ive just purchase a 2019 Q85 and it has free view and Freesat built in, when I set it up I did connect both, to the terrestrial aerial and also the satellite dish. During the setup procedure I'm sure I had to pick one or the other and I picked terrestrial, but now wish I'd done satellite (as I have terrestrial tv through my talk talk box).

does anyone know how I can no

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

How I can now change it to satellite?
thanks

0 Likes
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Kingsley1 wrote:

How I can now change it to satellite?
thanks

Do auto retune and enable both terrestrial and satellite.

Once done you can switch between the two.

Paul

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

Thanks Paul, they are all greyed out in the settings and say not available

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Kingsley1 wrote:

Thanks Paul, they are all greyed out in the settings and say not available

Have you retuned?

You then have to switch between terrestrial and sat. It took me a while to suss it out.

Paul

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

Just figured it out thanks, I was on the talk talk box hdmi input when I needed to be on the tv tuner itself.

thanks again

0 Likes
Petritapio56
Apprentice
Options

What should I do in order to retune? I cannot find a place in the menu to retune and to be able to choose both terrestrial and satellite tuners for picture source.

Petritapio56

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

You have to make sure that you have selected either the satellite input to tune that or the terrestrial input to tune that in the settings.
does that make sense?  

0 Likes
Petritapio56
Apprentice
Options

Where in the menu can I select it? All of the menu items for satellite are grayed. And does that mean, that I have to choose between watching terrestrial or satellite channels and that I can only use one tuner at a time? I thought it would - and taking into account the price of the unit I think it should - be possible to tune in both the terrestrial and satellite cahnnels and change the active tuner "on the fly".

0 Likes
Kingsley1
First Poster
Options

@Petritapio56 wrote:

Where in the menu can I select it? All of the menu items for satellite are grayed. And does that mean, that I have to choose between watching terrestrial or satellite channels and that I can only use one tuner at a time? I thought it would - and taking into account the price of the unit I think it should - be possible to tune in both the terrestrial and satellite cahnnels and change the active tuner "on the fly".

Not sure why you would want terrestrial and satellite at the same time...you could only watch one lol

Pick which source you want first, I have TalkTalk on a normal aerial or the inbuilt satellitePick which source you want first, I have TalkTalk on a normal aerial or the inbuilt satellite

Then select settings and tune each oneThen select settings and tune each one

0 Likes