Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient/Art Mode in SmartThings

(Topic created on: 17-10-2019 06:05 PM)
KH88
Apprentice
Options

Not sure if this is best placed here or in the Smart Home forum. 

I like to turn off my TV of a night time via an automation, but also like to have it displaying Art Mode during the day time. It would be great if TVs which supported it could automate the ON action to go into Ambient/Art mode rather than fully turning on.

EG. IF {08:00, Every Day}
       THEN {Samsung The Frame, On, Change Source Art Mode}

Could this be done via an App update potentially, as the app can already go into Art Mode...

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@KH88: Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this on to our R&D Team to see if this can be implemented in any future products or updates.
Kstet
First Poster
Options

I would like this feature also. 

0 Likes
Fvt
Student
Options

Hi,

I would like this feature too. 

Think this could be a must have when we turn off tv with remote in a bedroom for example to not be forced to turn on tv again when waking up or coming back home to benefit art mode during the day. 

thanks a lot,

0 Likes
Fvt
Student
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@KH88: Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this on to our R&D Team to see if this can be implemented in any future products or updates.

Any news from rd ?

0 Likes
KH88
Apprentice
Options

No news.... Gets more frustrating with each time you have to turn on the TV just to then put it in art mode.

0 Likes
regmags
First Poster
Options

I would like this feature. Any updates on progress? It’s been over a year since the original post.

0 Likes