Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection and Screen Mirroring do not work on 5200 series TV

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 08:41 AM)
alekdavis
Apprentice
Options

None of my devices (e.g. Pixel 5A with latest updates) can see my model #UN50J5200AFXZA TV via Screen Mirroring. Also, Ethernet (i.e. wired connection) does not work. It seems to get connected to the router, but it cannot get an IP address (I tried the same network cable on my laptop and it connected fine). WiFi works, though, but even when connected to a WiFi network, Screen Mirroring still does not work. Running self diagnostics gives error ERR08007 (unable to launch app). The Contact Samsung option also fails. I tried updating firmware, but it tells me that my firmware version 1150 is up to date. Any ideas what else I can do to fix wired connection and Any Cast? Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Screen mirroring to your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062585/
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You probably need to check your DHCP settings on your router if IP addresses aren't being created. Also check your MAC filtering isn't enabled.
0 Likes
alekdavis
Apprentice
Options

Hmmm... I get IP addresses created for all other devices (wired or not), so it's definitely not it. And I do not have any MAC filtering set up. I have the Circle 2nd Gen device on the network, but it automatically sets new devices to unmanaged. And it's connected to an access point, but none of these should be an issue, since I can use the same cable connected to the same wall outlet to connect to my laptop and it works fine (with WiFi turned off).

0 Likes
alekdavis
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I know how screen mirroring works. I am wondering why it does not work on my TV. I briefly saw the device appear in the casting option on one device (in YouTube app), but it then went away. I tried three devices and none of them see the TV. I suspect there must be a need to upgrade the firmware.

0 Likes
alekdavis
Apprentice
Options

Weird, all of a sudden, Screen Mirroring started to work. I messed up with the wired connection (which still doesn't work, so I reset it back to WiFi), and the TV started to appear in the list of screen casting devices. No idea what fixed it. Now, if I can only fix the Ethernet connection.

0 Likes