Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS & Xvid audio support must be reinstated

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 09:07 PM)
Diddy1
First Poster
Options

Ladies, gentlemen, after reading the comments and browsing various sites came to the conclusion that we must do some kind of a petition in order Samsung to reinstate tge audio support. Have a high end 2019 tv and one small 43 inch qled and on both when i try to play my mkv files = no audio support. Do not intend to buy xbox/playstation or whatever io to be able to play mkv with sound. Prev tv set panasonic fm 2013 supports that. Samsung has to deliver to the vast majority of dissatisfied clients if they want to stay at top spot. Who supports that?

16 REPLIES 16
IhorK
First Poster
Options

I found a hack by using 'DS Video' app - but it only works for me because I use Synology NAS a wirelessaly attached server with movies. When watching movies on my NAS from 'DS Video' the app detects all soundtracks including DTS. 
I don't blame Samsung, It is DTS who acts like a monopoly and increase their fees because they now users will be pushing producers not to get rid of DTS support. This will be a good lesson for DTS bacause LG and others also stop their support. 

And I'm glad that instead of DTS support Samsung included AirPlay2 support - it is wise use of the money they saved from removing DTS.

0 Likes
Turbojo
First Poster
Options

I've got a load of mkv and DTS files which I've never had a problem playing on my LG TVs. Bought a 2020 The Frame 49 and half of my library will not play. This is the most expensive telly I've ever bought and along with TV not auto recording to the plugged in HDD so you can't just rewind off the cuff like I did with my lg's I will not be buying another Samsung TV again. I'll be going back to LG.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As mentioned DTX is supported via compatible Q series soundbars https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-unleash-dolby-atmos-and-dtsx-compatible-q-series-soundba... 

Samsung have no current plans to support Dolby vision (even if this causes disappointment)  they are  focusing  on HDR10 Plus.   https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-introduces-new-hdr10plus-adaptive-feature-for-better-at-home...   https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/dolby-vision-on-samsung-tvs-why-isnt-it-supported 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
jf_blanco
First Poster
Options

Same here. Just bought a new 2021 QLED 65inch series7 tv and I am amazed it does not pass through dts. The tv blocks the audio via my av receiver wich suports even dts:x

0 Likes
jcmk
Journeyman
Options

If I were a major TV manufacturer with a large market share in connected TVs and wanted to weaken the position of DTS in the consumer market I would probably implement a similar limitation in my TVs. I'm sure those aren't Samsung's intentions.

Members_ahOTSqu
Student
Options

I am as frustrated and dissapointed as every one else in here. Bought a big 55 inch NEO Qled as my smaller one prior to this was running fine, also Samsung. Now I find myself looking for a bloody media player in order to get DTS (the best format around) working. I did convert a couple of movies but imagine what a computing power one needs (and patience) to get the stupid job done. Insane and even more frustrating as one connot find any reason why...... Probably also for me the end of Samsung tv's, well more than likely to be honest. I should have been warned about this, i can't go back anymore.

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

I bought the S95C just because of the superior soundbar and what's most ridiculous the soundbar supports DTS! But I've just learned that TV doesn't. And as others have mentioned, I don't need it to, it could pass through to the soundbar at least.

That's not just frustrating, honestly, this looks like a scam. And I feel myself scammed, that's exactly the feeling.

Stay away from Samsung, these will always find how to disappoint. Unfortunately, my friend, most likely you will discover this when it is too late. As I did.

0 Likes