Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame does NOT automatically select eARC-source for audio output

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 11:30 AM)
Members_27USfBp
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I hope somebody can help me, Samsung support doesn't reply.

I have a Samsung The Frame 2022 (GQ75LS03BAUXZG) and a Teac AI-303 receiver (#https://tinyurl.com/mtyrjvyh).

The receiver is connected via eARC. 

Whenever I turn off the TV and turn it back on, the sound output is TV-Speakers. When I enter the audio menu it initially says "Audio-System" (i.e. my receiver) which is a lie(!), and after 1 or 2 seconds (without me doing anything) it says "TV-Speakers", which is correct, because the sound comes from the TV-Speakers.

I then have to manually(!) select "Audio-System", and everything is fine. Meaning: the sound output switches to my receiver.

I think the sound output should be the receiver from the very start. Thats the point of having an external audio system connected via eARC?

I tried changing many things, for example Anynet+ turn on or off, nothing changes.

How do I tell my TV to ALWAYS send the audio signal through my external audio system?

Thank you so much!

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you set up CEC, did you configure this in both the TV and receiver?

It seems to be a good idea to unplug all devices and start over, see https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/hdmi-arc-and-cec-not-working-try-these-fixes-4041394
Members_27USfBp
Apprentice
Options

Hey Pugs, thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I followed the instructions and only(!) plugged in the receiver with the exact same result. The TV recognizes the device and everything is fine. When I turn off the TV and wait for 5 minutes and turn it back on, I can immediately hear, that the audio comes from the TV, not the external speakers. 

When I go into the menu to change the output, it clearly says "Audio-System" (the middle one of three options), but changes to "TV Speakers" within one second. 

I then change it to "audio system" manually and everything works fine. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hmmm There's a problem with the e-arc not doing the handshake. I wonder if it's a cable issue 🤔
0 Likes
Members_27USfBp
Apprentice
Options

But if that was the problem, shouldn't I have issues all the time?

Because with the settings manually changed after each start-up, there are no issues at all. Vol+/- with the Samsung remote for example... It's all good.